Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-02-2014, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The concrete is only on the outside of the steel and gets covered up.. its just a footer to hold everything together. We don't have any problems with water under the footer because the bottom of the footer is typically only 36in deep. The bottom of the hole goes to at least 6ft. So water stays in the deepest part of the hole..

this particular pool in the above picture, we actually hit water at 36in deep. But once we dug the deep end, it actually drew all the water down. It was kind of cool to see.

I'll get you some more pictures. But if you look through this thread, you'll see some picture of the process of building a vinyl liner pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 03-02-2014, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
Lets update this thing.

I had more pics but after some accidents with phones, I am down to these 10..

Lets start with the pool build an hour from the house, an hour and a half from the shop. The job seemed like a blessing, in the middle of a peanut field, an inch of fall from one side of the yard to the other. Not much of anything to work around..

sounds great!

WRONG! Once you got past the first 8-12in of awesome topsoil, there was nothing but rock hard red clay.

So anyways lets get this show on the road.

Heres my boy, the one good pool digger in the Central area of SC. Says hes getting out of the business, yet he just picked this new jewel up?

The next day, we started at 7, after a guy slipped off the tongue of the job trailer and got seven stitches we had this at around 2 or 3 oclock. A company record. It was ready for backfill by 7 that night.

Dad wouldnt give up the 2500HD for a day so I got the bosses F250 and picked up a pretty decent machine..

got it roughed in. (we hauled NO dirt off from this job, what I didnt use backfilling, was carried 70yards to the back of there property and spread. Oh yeah, the pool was set up 6inches to give us fall away from the pool and take up some dirt.)

DONE. My first backfill without dad, took 7.9hours machine time.

We did the bottom next.

I dont know how I didnt get a pic of it completely done, but I didnt.

It is done and concrete was poured today while I was working intown for once with the little 322 renovating a pool.
Yellow, heres some pictures of a pool build.. the only thing missing from the pictures is the liner..

Its funny to look back at this thread, the backhoe I just posted earlier today was new with only a hundred hours or so in the post Ive quoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 03-02-2014, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Hey man saw you on insta. Its funny how different areas do it different. Guys around me install the same pools but with no concrete. They just float sand in the bottom and put the liner in
Old 03-03-2014, 06:44 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayrj View Post
Hey man saw you on insta. Its funny how different areas do it different. Guys around me install the same pools but with no concrete. They just float sand in the bottom and put the liner in
Yeah some guys do it with sand here to. But you never get a good firm feeling with your feet. Plus you'll get foot prints all in the shallow end when installing the liner. Which will be seen with any other imperfection if there is a light in the pool.

I've replaced liners in many sand bottom pools and it's a royal pain because the sand actually sticks to the back of the liner so it comes up in big chunks and it never smooths back out right.

I've seen a handful of pools with concrete bottoms but we install a product called vermiculite. We mix it with Portland in a mortar mixer. It's like a soft concrete with no gravel is the best way to explain it.. I am not real sure what it's made out of
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-03-2014, 09:18 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

very nice work. My neighbor had one that was similar but it was just in dirt/sand. they've had some problems..

Water 36" deep? Wow. I think we have to go to 150' minimum. Everything drains here in the limestone caves.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 03-03-2014, 10:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDogSVC View Post
very nice work. My neighbor had one that was similar but it was just in dirt/sand. they've had some problems..

Water 36" deep? Wow. I think we have to go to 150' minimum. Everything drains here in the limestone caves.
Yeah, there are some pretty cool caves down your way. Well, at least the ones I've seen on tours were.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Some big changes are coming. I am currently waiting at a doctors office for a physical and drug test.

I'll no longer be working for myself or the pool business. It's a big change, but it'll be for the good. I'll be able to enjoy my life more instead of working 7 days a week. We'll see how it goes though.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-15-2014, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
Some big changes are coming. I am currently waiting at a doctors office for a physical and drug test.

I'll no longer be working for myself or the pool business. It's a big change, but it'll be for the good. I'll be able to enjoy my life more instead of working 7 days a week. We'll see how it goes though.
Posted via Mobile Device
Good for you man get itv while your young and make the best of it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-15-2014, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoeman376 View Post
Good for you man get itv while your young and make the best of it.
Posted via Mobile Device
That's what I am hoping with less stress!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-15-2014, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

now you know you are gonna have to tell us what you will be doing!

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall