Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-25-2009, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsops View Post
So whats he have to say about bobcats??
Considering thats the only brand of compact equipment he's bought. Well, I take that back, he bought 2 Komatsu's but it was because he got such a good deal on them compared to the 337 and the new 331 he was going to buy..

And ronnie, it was slow, I am still getting this program figured out, I had music on both of them but it didnt upload for some reason, I was just happy Youtube let the video's upload, before they wouldnt upload, they'd get so far and then say they failed..

and I'd much rather grade with hand controls, screw them ancient piece of crap hand/foot controls, I cant run them for s#it when it comes to grading. I'd still rather have Case pattern controls..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 03-29-2009, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well boys, I've done went and did it again.. Is that a bad thing?

Well here is the job, I looked at it this afternoon and am writing up a bid and contract and will have it submitted by Tuesday.

All we are going to do is thin out the brush, keeping the 6in and bigger trees and bush hogging the rest and removing the fallen and dead trees and piling them in our little staging area, the whole job is over a little less than 3 acres.

And all you 210 Stihl haters will be happy, there are some big trees on this job, I am on the hunt for a 24in bar saw..

Photo op!

going to be the staging area:

Quote:

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 03-29-2009, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

And yes, this would be the perfect job for ARP's or Yellows machine, but when we talked to her that was my first thought, yes! I get to run a mulcher, and I asked the owner what the most they could spend was and she said $1,000, so looks like I am using a bush hog and grapple.. But hey! Its work and its the kind of work I want to do!

Quote:

Old 03-29-2009, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Looks like some old hurricane debris mixed in there. What are you going to you, the Mini and a skid?
When were those pics taken, We have some leaves on the trees already here!

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Old 03-29-2009, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtman2007 View Post
Looks like some old hurricane debris mixed in there. What are you going to you, the Mini and a skid?
When were those pics taken, We have some leaves on the trees already here!
T250(we've moved up in the world boys! Maybe if they even rent one) with a grapple, bucket and bush hog, there really isnt a need for a mini ex on here, I mean I could put it to use but it'd be only for a short amount of time..

And the pics were taken not but 2 or 3 hours ago! Its been getting cold, last weekend and through out the week it was down to 38 and its suppose to get that cold again tonight, so everything is kind of slow..

Oh yeah, and most of the debris and fallen trees are from the tornado that happened over a year ago..

Quote:

Last edited by Junior M; 03-29-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

A tip, never blatantly ask whats the most amount they can spend. tell them what you can do for this price, then if its too high, other arrangements can be made.

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Old 03-29-2009, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtman2007 View Post
A tip, never blatantly ask whats the most amount they can spend. tell them what you can do for this price, then if its too high, other arrangements can be made.
Well it was more so they asked us what we could do for $1,000 I just kind of simplified it instead of telling the entire true story, sorry for the whole mix up.. But yeah, its a big nono like telling the homeowner your expenses!

but thanks, I've never even thought of doing that..

Quote:

Old 03-29-2009, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Member

You do have to try find out what the budget is from the homeowner because you can get screwed. Do the job and the homeowner says we can't afford that. Usually what I do is I ask the homeowner what you want done then I give them a ball park number if they usually say yes or no.

So is that your dad in the one picture giving you a dirty look
Old 03-29-2009, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Member

lot of work for $1k Junior...but if you can make the numbers work go for it!
Old 03-29-2009, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearViewGroup View Post
lot of work for $1k Junior...but if you can make the numbers work go for it!
No because we are billing out 12hours and when the machine rolls over 12hours I am packing it up, anything more and I am billing another $25 an hour, but I figured it up at my per hour rate with one man on the ground added in and it comes out at $1,020, so I am eating $20 woohoo!

And yes GR that is Dad, he was mid sentence when I took that pic. Yall will be proud to hear that he was some what impressed with that CAT the other day he said the biggest down fall was the under carriage, but he said just from sitting in it and looking over it, they'd have to throw some great numbers his way to get him to switch over to CAT but he is saying all this when he never ran a CAT, so it could go either way..

Quote: