Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-01-2003, 02:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Kubota Walk Behind mowers

Does anyone else use or have used kubota walk behind 21 inch mowers?
Old 01-01-2003, 10:25 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I would love to have one if they were still avail. Kubota quit importing them about 7 or 8 years ago. They looked like a great commercial mower.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i bought one from a guy for 20 bucks.it would run but blade clutch was messed up,wouldn't mow.took it to kubota dealer in chattanooga,about 200 bucks would fix it up.i didn't want to put that much in a 10 yr old push mower so i sold it to them for 40. what a idiot i was!!!---those things are shaft drive,it even had a bagger on it.live and learn-
Old 01-01-2003, 01:36 PM
LawnSite Member

I was just wondering. i knew they quit importing them, but you can still buy every single part on them. they are the best walk behind mower i have run across-the honda HRC-216 is a close second -basically the same design-only hydrastaic rathor than 2 speed gear box but dosen't bag as well as the kubotas. Thank you for your imput.
Old 01-01-2003, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Member

I've only seen one of these in my 11 years cutting and a home owner was using it , he said it was the best mower he ever owned.
Jerry
Old 08-18-2008, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheat King View Post
I was just wondering. i knew they quit importing them, but you can still buy every single part on them. they are the best walk behind mower i have run across-the honda HRC-216 is a close second -basically the same design-only hydrastaic rathor than 2 speed gear box but dosen't bag as well as the kubotas. Thank you for your imput.
Can you tell me where to find parts for these mowers?
Old 01-25-2009, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Member

kubota w5019 push mower

My 19" non-self propelled mower is 19 years old, is on the original plug and oil, (I hope this does not offend anyone), I've only replace the the blade once and starter rope once. The tires are starting to peel plastic and the throttle cable is getting 'tight'. Yesterday, Jan 24, 2009, was the first time the mower died while running. I had not run in in two months, first time I'd left it outside too (lazy), and I suspect since it was running real fast (lean) then died, that a jet may be plugged. It starts on ether, but dies when that's burned up.
I took one jet out on the top of the carb, took the float bowl off. I suppose there is another jet somewhere that is clogged that needs cleaning. Any help on getting this done?

I bought this mower when my wife was working at Toro and could have bought a Toro 2 stroke mulching mower cheap but still opted for the Kubota. I think it may have been over $400. I don't remember. I cannot imagine or believe there is any finer mower ever built. The torque, ease of use, ease of starting, ease of emptying this thing is phenomenal.

The bag is starting to fall apart from sun rot on the plastic parts. It still start s on the first or second pull...third pull after the 2 month hibernation.

I was offered the self-propelled for the same price by a dealer going out of business but declined due to a need to force myself to exercise.

I mow 6000 sq feet of fescue and saint augustine with the mower.

If anyone knows of a mower like this for sale or parts whereabouts, please let me know. For a zero maintenance mower, this w5019 could not have been better.

I have the mulching kit and blade for it somewhere in the garage but never used it. It also came with a bagger, side blower and mulching chute plug. it has an aluminum deck, is light, powerful and typical Kubota over-engineered.

A real happy camper.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamrancher View Post
Can you tell me where to find parts for these mowers?
probably at your local Hustler dealer. They look almost identical.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

http://en.kubota.fr/article.php3?id_article=614
Old 01-31-2009, 09:21 AM
LawnSite Member

kubota, honda, hustler look-alikes

I just visited a Honda dealer and the picture you posted looks just like the Honda I saw, but looks nothing like my old W5019-PC.
I get so much grass, I'm always emptying the bagger. There is no 'trap door' on my model, so, all I do to empty is use one hand to grab the bag handle, lift up, and head to the trash bin. No second hand is needed to raise a metal flap or door to get at the handle. The unit has BBC blade break clutch too.

I must say that picture you posted sure looks a lot like the Honda I saw.