Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-14-2012, 04:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Looking for wheels and berrings for w5021 anyone have suggestions other than buy new for 96.00 each? Cant justify spending 400 on new wheels for something I still have to push event though it runs like a tank and is the best mower I have ever had!!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Hello,

I got rid of the faithful Kubota a couple of months back...I sold the bag and frame for $100 (I think)...sounds like you got a heck of a find.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs9530 View Post
I dug out the manual tonight. It's really more procedural/specification oriented. Their are parts blowups but they're split up by mechanism.

The strength of the manual is that it gives procedures for disassembly, torque specs, etc.

I scanned the first few pages including the TOC. If there's a specific section you need, I'm more than happy to scan and post...just let me know.
I would like to have pages S 93 and S 105 if it would not be too much trouble.
Thanks
Old 08-16-2012, 03:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Service Manual for Kubota W5021 walk behind

Hey guys, I am rehabing a Kubota W5021 which I gave to my daughter 15 years ago. She abused this tank of a mower. The carb was in miserable shape but I may be able to find a replacement. It is a Mikuni and I have tried cleaning but no luck (yet). She also let the mower sit outside and the blade clutch is semi frozen so I want to disassemble and work the parts. I see on another post about the service manual that page 93 covers the carb and page 105 covers disassembling of the blade clutch. I note on the bottom that there is 2 14mm bolts holding on to the blade and 4 10 mm bolts that hold the housing in place, but don't want to go further without knowing what I am doing. Any help would be appreciated
Old 08-16-2012, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Member

After today I will have 3 of these gems sitting in my garage. I need to buy a service manual asap.

Fumble- I wish I had your patience... My philosophy entails tearing down first, hoping I can put it back together afterwards. ha
Old 08-16-2012, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Member

easy carb removal on W5021

The Carb is held on with 2 10mm nuts and one 10 mm bolt that also serves to hold the air filter in place. One also needs a 8mm wrench to loosen the throttle lever but the choke lever simply detaches from the governor. Be sure to cut off the fuel flow from the tank before pulling off the fuel line. A little WD40 helps slide it off. There also is a tube that attaches to the air filter with a finger clamp.
After removal the bottom bowl can be removed with a 14mm wrench exposing the float, float pin and main jet. The float and valve pin are held in place with a cross pin that can be pressed out. be careful as the cross pin has an almost invisible retaining wire clip so I suggest that the carb be pulled apart in a bucket. The main jet can be unscrewed from the nozzle. Further disassembly is not advised but soaking the parts and carb in a bucket of cleaner and then run a tiny wire through the main jet can be done. If one is careful and not break the bowl O ring seal, it can be reused.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Do you know the model of the mikuni Carb on these things? I just got my 5021 I was using for parts to fire up and run... it had a swapped craptsman cheapo Carb on it. I would rather try to find one based on the model number rather than pay a premium for the kubota specific mikuni at Sears parts.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-18-2012, 08:57 AM
LawnSite Member

Replacement carb

no there is no model number and I only have the replacement part number from Sears. My carb is still clogged (I think). I did clean the main jet and the fuel inlet and float valve and also polished the bottom of the float bowl with emory cloth. The engine still won't start. Since the blade clutch brake is so stiff, I am wondering if there is a hidden cut off switch that is preventing fire to the spark (although I did run a wire from the spark cable to the frame and observed a spark). I am stubborn though and will, if necessary, remove all plastic then soak the carb in cleaner completely immersed. I did notice a rubber tube that comes out of the top of the carb that is not attached to anything. I don't see where the other end is supposed to go.....any ideas?
No one as of yet has offered the pages of the service manual that deals with the carb and the brake clutch. I see one member has scanned and posted before but don't know how to contact him through this forum??? Pages 93 and 105 would be a big help
Old 08-18-2012, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Still trying to figure out carb

Since I had a little time today I again looked at the carb. There is a vacuum line that comes out of the top of the carb and there is also a hose that comes off of the side of the engine.......but that line looks like it goes to the bottom nipple on the air filter housing.
When I insert the vacuum line from the carb into the line from the engine and then remove the spark plug, I get a huge spray of raw gas that comes through the spark pug hole. This leads me to believe that the float in the carb is foo bar and the float level for gas is way too high.
To my way of thinking, the carb vacuum line and the air intake barb are some how screwed up. Can any one verify how these are supposed to be by looking at your W5021? thanks
Old 08-18-2012, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Member

If I can find a service manual in pdf. I'll buy it and share. There are no tubes on my carbs other than the fuel line in... I see that the mikuni m21zmr carbs look very similar to ours
Posted via Mobile Device