Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-18-2012, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Member

I believe the crank breather tube gets plumbed into the air box intake.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-18-2012, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Member

I do not see any vacuum lines running to my carbs

Here is my 30 dollar find. W5021pc. It has a cheapo muffler retrofit. I managed to get it running. No smoke so I think it can be saved nicely. I'll strip and repaint the deck. Get a new OEM Carb and fix the pull start. It will also need new cables.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-18-2012, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I didnt know Kubota walk behind mowers even existed.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Member

I was unaware as well. That was until I started searching for reviews on the Honda commercial walk behind. I was led onto these little gems and now I have a bit of an addiction with them. I fired up my 5021 walk behind today for the first time. I let my parents yard get pretty bad due to being mowerless the last . It was 1-2 feet in length and this kubota with side discharge mowed through it without so much as a hiccup. It's about 2/3 of an acre and took me roughly 3 hours to mow. It was actually a fun chore with this little tank. Huge weeds and baby pines trees were no match for this fine piece of Japanese machinery. I may turn this 5021 pc into a yard vacuum. It's amazing what this Turbo suction mower picks up!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-18-2012, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Sorry for the humongous pictures. I thought they would resize.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-18-2012, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Member

tubes

Thanks for the nice pictures. It appears that the carb are similiar but I see on one a tube to no where that comes out of the top of the carb and hangs down (up) that is not on your carb. Also the air filter on yours has been replaced with a yellow contraption and the line from the engine is not attached to anything.
My W5021 has an extra handle and cable that is used to engage the blade and is listed as a brake clutch. Yours has the transmission drive handle.

I believe I bought this mower in 1991 new from Sears and it was at a close out price of about $375. I gave it to my daughter as I do my heavy mowing with my Kubota 7610 bush hog, and my John Deer 345 both HST drives. I could use the W5021 for tight places. The 2 speed transmission is still good.

Sears list a replacement part number for the float but their web site says call for availability. I did not notice any gas in the float when I took it off to clean the valve but then since it is plastic, it may have swelled slightly and binding as it tries to push the valve pin into it's seat. I did scrape the varnish away from the rectangular sides of the valve pin but maybe there is still some residue that is keeping the pin from seating firmly.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Member

I will have the carb and clutch brake pages from the Service manual soon and will share. Will also look at the Mikuni M21zmr
Old 08-18-2012, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Member

woops, I ment to say you have the blade clutch but I don't see the self propel transmission handle and cable
Old 08-18-2012, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCountyLawn View Post
I didnt know Kubota walk behind mowers even existed.
Mine is a 1991 and I believe they made them for only 2 years as they were expensive. In 91 they cost retail for over $500 which was a lot of $ in '91 terms. I got mine on sale.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Upon searching for these mowers I ended up on kubotas europe site or something and they had some mowers and options not available in the states. There was a bad azz front mount with a big catcher on the back that was like a walker power dump.