Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-01-2009, 05:59 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICT Bill View Post
Listen to Mudd he knows his POOP

Jack Schitt is the only son of Awe Schitt.

Awe Schitt, the fertilizer magnate, married Miss O. Needeep They had one son, Jack.

In turn, Jack Schitt married Noe Schitt. The deeply religious couple produced six children: Holie Schitt, Giva Schitt, Fulla Schitt, Bull Schitt, and the twins Deap Schitt and Dip Schitt.

Against her parents' objections, Deap Schitt married her cousin Dumb Schitt, a high school dropout. After being married 15 years, Jack and Noe Schitt divorced.

Noe Schitt later married Ted Sherlock, and, because her kids were living with them, she wanted to keep her previous name. She was then known as Noe Schitt Sherlock.

Meanwhile, Dip Schitt married Loda Schitt, and they produced a son with a rather nervous disposition named Chick N. Schitt.

Two of the other six children, Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt, were inseparable throughout childhood and subsequently married the Happens brothers in a dual ceremony.

The wedding announcement in the newspaper announced the Schitt-Happens nuptials.

The Schitt-Happens children were Dawg, Byrd, and Hoarse. Bull Schitt, the prodigal son, left home to tour the world. He recently returned from Italy with his new Italian bride, Pisa Schitt.

Now when someone says, "You don't know Jack Schitt," you can correct them.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Jack Schitt is a famous singer, female impersonator and topiarist from Milwaukee. He comes from a long line of Schitts, and is famous for his innovative designs; indeed, the name of Schitt has long been synonymous with his high-quality work.
Here is a picture of him made in 1967
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2009, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Smile Modified Feed Stock?

The point about soil organic matter levels is true. I am not sure about what is meant by "genetically modified feed stock". I eat hybrid corn and beans all the time. We all do. However, if we are talking about organic lawn care, then the point I am making is that the most available organic animal waste that comes in a consistent, guaranteed analysis, pathogen free and easily spread are the poultry products that can be purchased wholesale or retail.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Member

question...

So I have a small compost pile next to a farm... and I was thinking.

Say I hop that fence and scoop up a few piles of that steaming fresh horse and/or cow poo and toss it in my new pile...

That will enhance the analysis and microbial action right? I am assuming YES. But I don't really know what they are fed or if there could possibly be anything wrong with this... I am assuming the farmer is trying to get rid of it....
Old 04-01-2009, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I am trying to think How I want to say this. Chicken manures from poultry houses should have a pretty consistant nutrient analysis as long as you are not compareing layer manures to broiler manures. I think the same would hold true for cattle from a dairy barn, but not if compared to feedlot steers. You also wouldnt be able to compare chicken manures to cow manure, or either to hog manures. The consistancey should be there as long as you are compareing layer to layer, broiler to broiler, dairy to dairy, ect.

It does seem that a lot more is being done with chicken poop than with the other manures. Must be because of the commercials saying to eat more chikken.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Member

I think I am going to buy a book about composting this weekend. Maybe I could learn more chit about chit composting and general composting altogether.

Anyone have any recommendations maybe?
Old 04-01-2009, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMGL&L View Post
question...

So I have a small compost pile next to a farm... and I was thinking.

Say I hop that fence and scoop up a few piles of that steaming fresh horse and/or cow poo and toss it in my new pile...

That will enhance the analysis and microbial action right? I am assuming YES. But I don't really know what they are fed or if there could possibly be anything wrong with this... I am assuming the farmer is trying to get rid of it....
First, just ask the farmer if you can have it. If hes trying to get rid of it, you shouldnt have any problem getting all you want.

As for anything being wrong with it, composting has a way of destroying harmful organisms and tying up heavy metals. If you compost it right you shouldnt have any problems. The fresh manures will provide the N for better C:N ratios and the microbes should get really active. Straw makes a good brown for your piles, or you can mix leaves. clippings, or even small chips of wood.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Rabbit manure = no burning , highest k , no smell
Old 04-01-2009, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I think I am going to buy a book about composting this weekend. Maybe I could learn more chit about chit composting and general composting altogether.

Yes, get the Rodale book on composting.

http://www.rodalestore.com/webapp/wc...&nav_wt=search

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Old 04-02-2009, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:

Malcom Beck the Secret Life of Compost