Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-01-2009, 04:04 PM
LawnSite Member

DONT buy Wright in Ohio....

Here is the deal fellow mowers, I wanted to replace my Exmark 32" walk behind with a 32" Wright stander. They make this in a recoil and a recoil/electric start. I called 20 different dealers and half of them did not know that (W) made a 32 in the elec. start. I called the Wright and asked and was told "yes" we make the 32" elec. start.
I ordered the mower and dealer said it would take a week or so (ordered in late FEB) call two weeks later and no mower. Hayword the only distributor for wright mowers for a couple of states ordered the wrong one and it will be another week, so another week goes by and FINALLY my correct mower arrives
Now for the price of this mower I could have bought 2 exmark or scag walk behinds or a 36 and a 32. I called jillian at wright and asked about where my mower was and was told they would look into it. No call. I have called wright about this problem and have not gotten a phone call back yet,this has gotten my frustration to to point where I dont know if they are just incompetent or inconsiderate. I have over 55 thousand in mowers alone and have never ever had this many problems trying to order one mower
It may have been bad luck on my part or a bad day for the distributor but Im spending 5 grand on a mower in a recession and I cant even get one phone call. so guys caveat emptor.....
roger in Columbus
Old 04-01-2009, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I used to run Bobcat riders. Sold them off because of Hayward. They never stock the parts that are needed during the year. I don't see how companies allow them to distribute their products.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It puzzles me that a company with great products don't follow up on customer service.
Someone needs to be fired...
Echo PAS-265 Power-heads with Trimmer, Edger, Hedge Clipper, ProSweep and Power Pruner attachments
Shindaiwa EB-802RT, Echo PB-755T & PB-265L Backpack Blowers
Various backup equipment (Poulan Pro, Toro, Troy Bilt, etc...)
Professional pressure washing equipment.
Amsoil synthetic oil and E3 spark plugs for all engines...
Old 04-01-2009, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Frog View Post
It puzzles me that a company with great products don't follow up on customer service.
Someone needs to be fired...
No puzzle about it ... when you're on top of a certain segment of the market oyu begin to think that you can do whatever you want ... until someone knocks you down a couple of pegs !!
2010 LESCO 48" Stand-On
2008 LESCO 36" Hydro WB
2008 Quick 36" Samurai Dually WB
Old 04-02-2009, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Member

Wright followed up and took care of the problem to my satisfaction for the wait on the mower but dont know what will happen between them and hayward. Steve in customer service addressed my problem so kudo's for the customer service
roger
Old 04-02-2009, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshofcols View Post
Now for the price of this mower I could have bought 2 exmark or scag walk behinds or a 36 and a 32.
Where can I get 2 exmark or scag hydro walkbehinds in 36/32" sizes for 5000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncls View Post
I used to run Bobcat riders. Sold them off because of Hayward. They never stock the parts that are needed during the year. I don't see how companies allow them to distribute their products.
There was a bad time there for a while. We used to deal with Olsen in IL for Bobcat and then got switched to Hayward. At the beginning I think they vastly underestimated supplying their new territories or something. But we have had pretty good luck since then. One big downside is they have nobody that knows anything about parts. If I have a question on something older or something oddball I call Bobcat direct...I dont even bother with Hayward.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Member

had to jump thru 10 hoops..

finally picked up my mower today and was playing around with it. It makes mowing fun again,very responsive and well built and takes hills pretty well. It fit through all my 34-36 inch gates and slashed my cutting time by 60 percent.
I put the tire pressure down to 14 psi and it did not tear the turf as much but you have to do a wye turn or mow into the turn.
Even though I had to jump through 10 hoops and hayward f@#ked my order I am very happy with my new wright stander and steve in customer service helped me greatly. Another thank you to ray stoneburner in Amanda Ohio
roger in Columbus