Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-03-2009, 02:43 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willretire@40 View Post
proably declined. GE Money is easier to get (ex toro card, hustler card) Also remember that what ever card the dealer offers you can use it on any brand.
My GE Money Bank Exmark card can only be used for exmark,, nothing else It would be like trying to use a Home depot credit card at sears

I should add I never tried mabey I am wrong
Old 04-03-2009, 02:46 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I've got a couple of loans with Sheffield. I've always had a response within the hour on them. Give them a call. I've got one loan at 1.9% and the other I think is at 3.9%
Old 04-03-2009, 06:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ive had two loans and knew right after my dealer hung the phone up, if anything I'm haggling the rate, term or options. They don't haggle well so I always took the no interest for one year and paid it off before the term was up. But you should definitely of had an answer call the dealer.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:32 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had 10+ loans through sheffield.....I just got another laser, they tried to give me it at 17%. I flipped out!!! They ended up giving me something different. 6 months same as cash, then 12% after that. Still too high, but have to deal with it.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What I don't understand, outside of new set up or using 0% interest why would you go for a loan period. I read all over this board that you have to have your equiptment cost factored in you pricing. Why isn't that money put up on a monthly basis? I know I put aside in a couple of years the whole 15g that it took for me to start in this field.

If all is saying build the replacement cost in the cust price then spend that money on other thing then that's bad business

Just my .02
Old 04-03-2009, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

6 month same as cash, at the end I pay it off. Put away 6 payments every month. DOes this meet your standard?? If I can't pay it off, the difference gets transferred to a 0% card or my line of credit.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter1 View Post
6 month same as cash, at the end I pay it off. Put away 6 payments every month. DOes this meet your standard?? If I can't pay it off, the difference gets transferred to a 0% card or my line of credit.
If this was directed to me. I don't have a standard I was simply stating that there are a ton of lco on here stating that you have to have the replacement cost built into the customers price, which I agree with. To charge for it and not put it away only to borrow money for the puchase doesn't make any sense.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

this thred is stupid, pick up the phone..........
Old 04-03-2009, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED'S LAWNCARE View Post
What I don't understand, outside of new set up or using 0% interest why would you go for a loan period. I read all over this board that you have to have your equiptment cost factored in you pricing. Why isn't that money put up on a monthly basis? I know I put aside in a couple of years the whole 15g that it took for me to start in this field.

If all is saying build the replacement cost in the cust price then spend that money on other thing then that's bad business

Just my .02
Yes we should build in a replacement cost in our overhead. But if you are trying to expand sometimes you don't have the capital to invest.
Or sometimes you are better off using your cash for something else cash wise.
For me I always figure on I will have at least one loan payment per month for equipment.
And my reserve money I try to stash in a cd or something that has a return but I can cash out quickly if needed.
You never know when that 25hp engine will blow and you need to replace the engine or buy a new mower.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillwater View Post
My GE Money Bank Exmark card can only be used for exmark,, nothing else It would be like trying to use a Home depot credit card at sears

I should add I never tried mabey I am wrong
Your G E Mony card is only good at the dealer that issued it to you and its good for all purchases.