Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-04-2009, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Stander vs Sentar Sport

I'm looking at getting a sentar sport for my business. I do alot of hills that I mow with a dual hydro walk behind now. I wondering how the sentar sport is for very steep hills. Is the sentar and the stander the same chassis or are they built on different platforms. How are they for getting over curbs? Is it practical to walk behind the sentar, or is the seat in the way. I'm looking at a 2008 sentar sport demo with 50 hrs for $5800. Is that a fair price.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:33 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrplowcjc View Post
I'm looking at getting a sentar sport for my business. I do alot of hills that I mow with a dual hydro walk behind now. I wondering how the sentar sport is for very steep hills. Is the sentar and the stander the same chassis or are they built on different platforms. How are they for getting over curbs? Is it practical to walk behind the sentar, or is the seat in the way. I'm looking at a 2008 sentar sport demo with 50 hrs for $5800. Is that a fair price.
Good Morning!

For some reason, this posting seemed to be overlooked! Let me respond from a Wright perspective in the hopes that the information will be helpful! It sounds like you are looking for info from the field but I'll try to provide our input, as well. If this unit is still available and you have the serial number, I can verify it's age and any warranty service issues we may have on record. Then I can offer more information on whether the price seems fair.

As far as the Sport vs. the Stander...if you are mowing very steep hills, a large, fixed deck Stander or the Sentar would works best for you. That would also hold true for getting over curbs. The Sport is still a riding mower and does not convert to a walk behind. It's a smaller version of the Sentar and offers you the choice to sit or stand.

I hope this helps...I'm sorry you didn't get any responses sooner. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance (jillianj@wrightmfg.com).

Kind regards,

Jillian Jensen
Sales & Marketing Administrator
Wright Manufacturing, Inc.
jillianj@wrightmfg.com
www.wrightmfg.com