Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-22-2002, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Member

On site screening

Hi everyone,

I am just wondiering how many of you out there are doing any development work, i.e building 10-25 homes on say 30+ acres.

I am wondoering of those of you who are if you would consider bringing someone in with say a tremel screen and pump out say 2,000 to say 15,000 or more instead of using your own small screener.

I am thinking about adding this, but wonder what demand there might be. I have a friend that is doing some developing work in several towns and kicking it around, but just wondering what others are thinking.

I know the costs would be all up front, but then you have all the screened loom that you need.

Looking for some feed back.

If things were simple, then why am I here
Old 05-14-2003, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I need to screen about 50 yards of loam where or who rents small screeners north of boston .Would be better to screen than truck it out and truck new in since the soil that is there now is good but has alot of tree roots.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Member

power screen in Ct are some of the best people to deal with. Can rent/lease/own.. I did highway sand screening and like the power screen much better than any Reed screenall made. W/a power screen, one can change the grizzly grating and screen just about anything.. More importantly, you can do this w/one loader operating. With Reed and similar. you need a minimum of two loaders. Hence, extra time/money and cost,