Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-05-2009, 02:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Largest install.

My largest job yet. 91 fixtures. The fixtures in the retaining wall were installed by the landscaper....not so much there, but the homeowner wanted em hooked up so i did. they have 7 watt bulbs in them, thats the max to...I did this job a little over a year ago and tried to load the pics then cuz they were to big, now their loadin just fine. Interesting to say the least.

There are now fixtures on the house as well, so this was a during install pic. it took a total of six months as the outside was still under construction.
Attached Images

Always a lesson, never a failure.

www.meangreenlawncare.com
Old 04-05-2009, 02:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

more........
Attached Images

Old 04-05-2009, 03:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Lovin the trunked yuccas.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Ryan how many watts are in thoes fixtures on the yuccas and trees in the island beds ?

Personally I like to place my fixtures a bit closer than you did to help with the cloud effect. I cant stand it when all i see is a tree seemingly floating in mid air. I am also banking his job looks alot better with the background lit up in this case being the house itself.

We just completed phase 2 of a project bringing the total fixture count to 107. 2 more phases to go in yet in the next few months.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Scapes View Post
Ryan how many watts are in thoes fixtures on the yuccas and trees in the island beds ?

Personally I like to place my fixtures a bit closer than you did to help with the cloud effect. I cant stand it when all i see is a tree seemingly floating in mid air. I am also banking his job looks alot better with the background lit up in this case being the house itself.

We just completed phase 2 of a project bringing the total fixture count to 107. 2 more phases to go in yet in the next few months.
Funny you said that, I was looking at the pics when i was loading them and saying wow, it doesnt look like i want it to. Maybe the fixtures are to far away. I think i am going to head there sometime this week and make some changes. Theyre all 20 watters. The pictures with the house lit didnt turn out as well as these did, so im waiting to retake them.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Mike reminded me last night that its ultimatly up to the client on the look they want.

Experiment a bit and move them in a tad closer and aim the fixtures up more and see what kind of look it gives you. It will also help you with glare related issues which I am willing to bank you have some when viewing thoes areas from the opposite end.

If thoes are all 20w your pics are overexposed.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Scapes View Post
Mike reminded me last night that its ultimatly up to the client on the look they want.

Experiment a bit and move them in a tad closer and aim the fixtures up more and see what kind of look it gives you. It will also help you with glare related issues which I am willing to bank you have some when viewing thoes areas from the opposite end.

If thoes are all 20w your pics are overexposed.
Its actually great from each view, not much glare at all. yeh theyre over exposed quite a bit, thats the first time i had ever used that camera and didnt know what i was doing. The more i think about it, some of those were 35's when those pics were taken, but now theyre all 20's.

Im goin to mess with it a bit. the homeowner loves it how it is, so im not going to try to much...

Old 04-07-2009, 04:01 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNSLighting View Post
Im goin to mess with it a bit. the homeowner loves it how it is, so im not going to try to much...
Thats whats important.