Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-10-2013, 03:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Anyone have experience with Yuchai excavators?

Found this one for sale an hour away. He says its 42" wide. Cab, wipers, lights, radio, heat, plumbed for aux, newer tracks, kubota diesel, 1500 hrs. Its a yuchai yc18-2. The bad part is that any parts would need to be ordered, the good part is its cheap and has a kubota motor. As far as dealer support, i do my own work so its only really a downfall on parts availability. Cant find any comps on machinery trader but a quick web search says decent machines but buy them cheap since there is little resale. Thats what im hoping to do if it will fit my needs which are : be the biggest machine that will get through a 4' gate. I like that this is bigger than the tak tb016 and similar, more weight is more power in my eyes. 4500 lbs.
not zts but has an articulating boom. Can i add a manual quick coupler?

on with the pics
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
Old 12-10-2013, 03:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have a YC !5-6 with a LaiDong L380 Chinese engine. I think there excellent machines and Im surprised they haven't had any success selling them here in the US. There popular in Eroupe and Austrila, and obiviously China and surrounding countries.

There is no Dealer support whatsoever and no parts in the United States whatsoever. Ive ordered parts from the Factory in China several times with success. If you have to order parts get a PHONE CARD that will work for calling China. Call in the afternoon as it will be morning <around 6pm Alabama time> simply say Good Morning and they will put someone on the phone who speaks English. You will have to email them pictures of the parts you need as the "English" part numbers are useless to them.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

http://yuchaimachinery.com/products.asp
Old 12-10-2013, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Love to hear that. So yours is a little smaller? Comparable power etc to more popular brands in its weight class?

Mind telling what you paid? You can pm it
Old 12-10-2013, 04:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

And he just texted me back saying its a 2006
Old 12-10-2013, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The tracts are short and narrow and that's a real negative, as far as "break out power" nothing in a 3000lb machine would even compare, its awesome. Ive run small bobcats and they aren't even close. Nearly all the digging I do is at idel or just slightly off idel.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Is it ok if you have the blade down? Thats going to be a problem with any machine in this class, no? I read elsewhere that one guy had problems with the tracks popping off but eho knows what he was doing

Do you deal with many roots or stumps? I also rip a lot of concrete but i dont expect it to lift a driveway
Old 12-10-2013, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The machine is stable while digging and yes better with the blade down, wide tracts would be better but then it wouldn't fit tight aeras. The tracts are fine, the tension is adjusted by adding grease to two zerks, a 2 minute job. If you want to dig out large tree stumps and break out a lot of concrete I don't think a 3600lb 20hp machine will do the job.

Every now and then theres some real good deals on old ford 555 backhoes, which might suite your purposes better.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Can a ford 555 retract to less than 4'?

I know it wont do big stumps or a lot of concrete but from time to time we all make our machines do stuff they "can't"
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-10-2013, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

My Yuchai will pull itself over, its not the lack of power its the lack of weight. I used to do some crazy stuff on equiptment, but its hard on the equiptment and the washing machine. People all th time get killed on this kind of equiptment. Plus the machine you have has a cab and it doesn't take much to break the glass.

Im no expert on this type of equiptment. I will say Yuchai is a great machine, its at least equal in quality to Yanmar, Bobcat etc. at literally 1/2 to 1/3 of the price. All these machines are made overseas.

Last edited by larryinalabama; 12-10-2013 at 06:46 PM.