Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-04-2011, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am using a calculator that Deere provides to dealers. It does not specify how much hydraulic demand is attributed to each feature, I just enter them and it gives me a total. It is usually pretty accurate, maybe runs a couple gallons high in some cases. You can probably get by with your setup just fine for a year. I don't mean to scare you, I just think you would be doing yourself a favor to have a backup plan in place in the event it doesn't work as well as you thought.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I take it you are either a Deere salesman or a mechanic or something like that. Can you explain power beyond to me. Have never used it but will more then likely have to run the variable rate drives off it for the planter. I just don't understand how it works.

Warren

Old 03-04-2011, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I take it you are either a Deere salesman or a mechanic or something like that. Can you explain power beyond to me. Have never used it but will more then likely have to run the variable rate drives off it for the planter. I just don't understand how it works.

Warren

Old 03-06-2011, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Warren, you didn't happen to buy your new to you planter from JD Equipment in Wilmington did you?

'07 Dodge C/C; quadcab flatbed; Western 8.5 Pro;

'04 Dodge quadcab; Western 8.5 Pro Plus; Western wings; Boss TGS 1100; Ebling if I hit the lottery!

'06 Cub Cadet M48 Tank; '11 Cub Cadet M48 Tank; '10 Cub Cadet H1748 walkbehind; Stihl handhelds

'10 Timberwolf TW-5; '08 Kawasaki Teryx; for the firewood...conveyor in the works
Old 03-06-2011, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_DeereGreen View Post
Warren, you didn't happen to buy your new to you planter from JD Equipment in Wilmington did you?
Small world isn't it? Went to their flagship dealership in London first and they sent us to Willmington to see this machine. Glad we did. Very impressive dealership in London!!!

Warren

Old 03-08-2011, 05:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well I'll sleep better at night now. 8200 is getting a 42gpm pump installed this week. Has plenty of hydraulic flow to run the planter for a few years anyway.

Warren

Old 03-08-2011, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerknowsbest View Post
Well I'll sleep better at night now. 8200 is getting a 42gpm pump installed this week. Has plenty of hydraulic flow to run the planter for a few years anyway.

Warren
Will that be enough to run everything or will you still need the pto pump too? PTO pumps are a pain, but with a long job like planting won't be so bad. Back in the 90's my dad bought a hydraulic batwing mower because he was tired of screwing around with the giant CV joints. Had to take a bunch of stuff off the back of the tractor, clean out the bolt holes and bolt the pump, sometimes just to mow 20 acres. Went back to 2715 and aside from the CV joint that wants to eat my fingers, it's much better.
THEY JUST QUIT HORSIN AROUND
Old 03-09-2011, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvy 1ton View Post
Will that be enough to run everything or will you still need the pto pump too? PTO pumps are a pain, but with a long job like planting won't be so bad. Back in the 90's my dad bought a hydraulic batwing mower because he was tired of screwing around with the giant CV joints. Had to take a bunch of stuff off the back of the tractor, clean out the bolt holes and bolt the pump, sometimes just to mow 20 acres. Went back to 2715 and aside from the CV joint that wants to eat my fingers, it's much better.
HAHA, a pto pump would be easier to hook up than the extra 5 hoses that it is replacing. Yes, the Montag and Precision down force compressor are going to be plumbed into the pto pump. The tractor with 42gpm will be laughing with the planter. However, all 3 remotes plus power beyond plus the pto pump will be needed.

We don't tend to hook and unhook equipment regularly during the season. Each tractor has its job and that is what it is hooked too until planting is done.

Warren

Old 03-09-2011, 12:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

pics!! we need more pics. yall run one hell of an operation!

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 03-09-2011, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
pics!! we need more pics. yall run one hell of an operation!
HAHA. Yea, I know, but winter time is so boring! LOL. I got some photos of hauling grain, but only a few. I'll start taking photos again this coming month as things warm up and we get ready for the crazy time (spring)

Warren