Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-09-2011, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

what have u guys been doing around the farm to stay busy during the winter?
Old 03-09-2011, 10:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Green View Post
what have u guys been doing around the farm to stay busy during the winter?
I've been off to a conferences, meetings, farm shows for nearly every day since Christmas. HAHA. Farming is getting so fast paced that if you aren't educating yourself on new techniques the industry will leave you in the dust.

We have been steady shipping corn all winter and that will continue into about early April when hopefully it will all be out. Moving on average 120 tonnes (264600lbs) a day out of the elevator.

Other than that, not a lot, move snow, feed the cattle, manure, started prepping equipment this month.

Warren

Old 03-09-2011, 10:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So needless to say you're not just sitting around. Haha
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2011, 06:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Farmerknowsbest,

The Wilmington JD equipment store is about a half hour from where I live. I usually go there to get parts. I have also been to the JD Equipment store in London Ohio many times. The JD equipment store in London is impressive. Here is a pick of one of the 9870 combines and a 9230 used on our farms this past harvest. There was two 9870 combines, one 9860 combine, 9230, and 8330 on Kilbros. grain carts.
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2011, 05:53 PM
LawnSite Member

back in the nineties we had a Steiger with a cat engine.....Although I drove it , primarily with a twenty five foot heavy disk, it was `the man`...I did a bit more than four hundred ac (plantable) and was a one man show.....The hardest stuff for me was hooking up...Up and down ( no quick attach)...I did six row stuff , all JohnDeere, and had a four row combine, with a bean head ( was like a corn head) instead of the platform...It was all I could do with the small fields, and just plum beat with that.....My planter had the six rows, and hopper for each planter, and each bag of seed need my assistance to get in the hopper.....Very satisfying, and your pictures almost enable me to smell the fresh earth and just tha special smell when harvesting.....Thank for the memories Tony Cecil Charleston S C
Old 04-03-2011, 06:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hi there,

Our 1770nt CCS made it here from Ohio last week. Had to unload it at our caseih dealer as JD in its infinite wisdom built a dealership with a loading dock suitable for loading/unloading nothing but lawn mowers. So we have a blue tractor pulling a green planter at our red dealer. HAHA. I was in London when it was delivered so I wasn't able to get any photos of it on the truck.

Just a bit of what is going on around home these days.

Down to about 600 tonnes of corn left to ship out. Hopefully we'll have it all out before spring planting comes around.

8200 is joining the ranks of R1W. Agribibs on the rear, BF Goodridge on the front. Picked the best two of the other 4 firestones for the duals...no they don't match.

Bit of a difference from new to old eh!

Ready to work.

Puma 195 with Claas triple mowers

Stopped in to see Dave

Ready to plant

Added 450lbs to the already full rack of 20 weights

Now with 280hp and a 42gpm hyd pump and soon to be 4 remotes this tractor will be a force to reckon with.

Started putting the toys in the cab. The scale is from the seed drill, one is coming with the Montag but I wanted to get a feel for where things will go.

I'm sure I'll get in trouble from Trimble for showing this, but we got a state of the art prototype FMX to see what it would look like when our FMX comes next week. LOL

Other than that it is business as usual. 16 row corn planter has been sold to a large dairy in the area. 8 row we are going to keep for this year as a back up if we can't get into all fields. I don't forsee an issue, but better safe than sorry.

Warren

Old 04-03-2011, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Starting to get quite the fleet built up at the caseih dealer.

Looking the planter over yesterday morning I found another $3000 worth of add ons that weren't mentioned in the bill of sale. YAY FREE STUFF!

Getting that itch

Can't believe the sprayer started

Unfolded the planter at the caseih dealer, they are installing a pto hydraulic pump to run the Montag air cart and Precision down force compressor. My oh my it sure is wide. This is the first 24 row planter I've been around so it was fun to see it keep getting wider.

Taking the single wavy coulters off tomorrow morning so the Dawn 3004's can go on.

In the shop, ready for the morning

Warren

Old 04-03-2011, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You are getting mighty itchy I bet, we are already planting our spring seeding here, 2 more months are we will be planting.....................CORN!!!!!!!!

I will be mowing our lawn tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 04-03-2011, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

how come you have the case dealer doing work on the deere tractor?

how come the rear tires seem to have low air pressure on the new holland? is that intentional so they flatten out a bit or is just the weight on them?
Old 04-03-2011, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

what exactly is the 3,000 worth of add on's for?