Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-25-2011, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Just ask, Warren will (eventually) reply. No question is stupid.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-26-2011, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtman2007 View Post
you better put something over the exhaust pipe on the case or you'll find out how much a new turbo costs
I always leave her running while on the truck. I'm quite paranoid about that.

Warren

Old 07-26-2011, 07:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
you better put something over the exhaust pipe on the case or you'll find out how much a new turbo costs
Is that really true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 07-26-2011, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Anyone have any first hand experience blowing a turbo due to going down the road with the pipe open. I just can not see it happening. Where is the air going to go? It goes in the pipe, through the muffler, to the turbo and back into the motor and into a cylinder if an exhaust valve is open. Now how much air is really going to go into the turbo when the cylinder is already full of air/gas to begin with?
Old 07-26-2011, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Here we go again.........if the whole capping off the exhaust or you will blow a turbo was true, then you would have a messy and blown out air filter.
And lets not forget, what about parking your machine with the ass end in a strong wind?????????
It's not possible people, my brother has been hauling his equipment around since 1998 during all kinds of wind storms and never capped off the pipes, and the oldest machine is 7000+ hours and still going strong.
I really think someone thought up this myth and spread it all over the interweb and some little jackass kid just keeps repeating it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 07-27-2011, 06:09 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
Here we go again.........if the whole capping off the exhaust or you will blow a turbo was true, then you would have a messy and blown out air filter.
And lets not forget, what about parking your machine with the ass end in a strong wind?????????
It's not possible people, my brother has been hauling his equipment around since 1998 during all kinds of wind storms and never capped off the pipes, and the oldest machine is 7000+ hours and still going strong.
I really think someone thought up this myth and spread it all over the interweb and some little jackass kid just keeps repeating it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Either way I still cover all my pipes up before I move anything.

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Old 02-10-2013, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Oh hi there.

Haven't done this in a while. For some reason got the urge to upload photos. As always comments and questions are welcome.

Switching the auger pan to the Kernel processor. With the new fork lift this job is much easier and safer.

Started getting the combine ready for soybeans. Never been able to get the combine ready in August before.

The first time in my life we have been ready to chop corn silage before the first farmer called to start!

Crary air reel needed some work.

New knife and guards.

First silo at the neighbours. Holy corn borer. The one variety was about 60% lodged!

One of our fields, not the one we intended to put in the silo but because it is normal height and not 6 ft tall we are going to chop it.

No fun chopping that

New Holland dealer had a sprayer day. I missed it but was able to take the sprayer out to the salesmans farm and play with it. Very nice machine. Glad I finally got to run one.

Filling out 20*80 silo with corn silage

I really like this photo

Blue power!

Getting there. These beans are by far our worst. They didn't nodulate. We spread urea on in July and it seems to have helped.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...best/2012/fall/2012-09-12180000.jpg">

Topping the silo off

The second excavator clearing away

Very nice land under that bush

The other shovel heading to a new job

Hand shells at 25% moisture. Unheard of for 100 day corn in eastern ontario for september

Getting ready for cob meal. Only one more ag bag to fill with corn silage

New yield monitor from Trimble installed. This is the moisture sensor

The yield sensors on the clean grain elevator

Whenever we have time we've been working on shelves in the shop

Parts room is starting to take shape

Don't think I've ever had the corn head out this early

Definitely never had the corn head on the combine in September

Amazing what one rainy day can accomplish

Apparently if you put duals on this mast will go 4 ft higher! Don't think that is necessary

Ready for cobmeal

I set up the knives on the corn head. Loads of fun!

First load of cobmeal. Never chopped high moisture corn before a killing frost before

I am more optimistic about our corn yields

The POS T6020. They were drunk the Friday they built this one

Walked out two product fungicide trial. Wasn't hard to see the separation of treated and control

Ready for beans, finally done cob meal.

New Trimble 750 and ezsteer installed in the 9250

Warren

Old 02-10-2013, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the update Warren. Did you add a second excavator to the fleet?

Will

Old 02-10-2013, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Wil, no that one was hired for about four months. Glad it wasn't ours, it fell apart more often than our own one does and with only 2000 hours on it! Still we got a lot stumped this summer with both machines swinging!

Warren

Old 02-10-2013, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerknowsbest View Post

Hey Wil, no that one was hired for about four months. Glad it wasn't ours, it fell apart more often than our own one does and with only 2000 hours on it! Still we got a lot stumped this summer with both machines swinging!

Warren
Thanks! What was bad about the T6? Neighbour just bought a new T6050, I love thedirect view to the drawbar from the seat.

Will