Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-06-2009, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

gopher software is junk!!!!!

got my new gopher pro software last week. it wont run.. there isnt a phone number i can call to get help. i emailed them. got one back to run this diagnostic thing and email them back

they email me there so called solution!!!

guess what?? it doesnt work again

im a pipe welder and i own a landscaping company.

i dont have a degree in computer science nor do i have time to mess with this.

i bought it. click install and it should run end of story... or how bout even a phone number to call to get some help???

lance
Old 04-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Senior Moderator

check your pm's.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:56 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

return it and get Lawnpro, Gopher is a PITA
Old 04-07-2009, 03:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I wish I had caught you before you got gopher. I have had it since 2005 I think. I really liked it and it did everything I wanted. However, sometime around 2007 they lost their focus. It has been forever since they have had any updates to the software. The software will not run on my desktop any longer. It keeps saying something about a corrupt file. The only thing that saved me was it still works on my laptop. Most of the time when I contact customer service they are really vague. I do what they ask and they never contact me back to let me know what is going on. So, I e-mail them again, and get some other short explanation. I don't know if they will give you a refund, but I would try. They could have a really good product, but for some reason they have lost their focus. They are more concerned about dumb lawn care videos on their web site than the software.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I like Gopher but to be honest its more of a entry type software.

Ill be switching to Groundskeeper here soon.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by landscaper22 View Post
They could have a really good product, but for some reason they have lost their focus. They are more concerned about dumb lawn care videos on their web site than the software.
I have said the exact same thing since 2002, do a search on youtube about ghopehaul or something like that and you will find some really stupid videos they just don't care about their software anymore.
I don't know if they are sponsors of this site anymore but if it were my company I definitely wouldn't be related to then at all.
And for some reason lot's of times that I have expressed my opinion on this site my reply gets deleted if that is going to be the case again at least tell me what I did or said wrong.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Been using Gopher for 5 years now. Had problems for a while when switching to Vista. OK now.
Tracks 5 crews, 1200 customers, fert, scheduling , routing, seems OK to me.
But I do agree there are more sophisticated programs out there.There just are none easier to run. I might look to change next year as I do not like their customer service thru emails only. I do back up my info 2X a day.
Is it Vista that you are trying to run it on?
Old 04-07-2009, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How can you manage 1200 cstomers in gopher, do you keep track of your fert applications on it? when I started doing fert applic. gopher was useless to me.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AztlanLC View Post
I have said the exact same thing since 2002, do a search on youtube about ghopehaul or something like that and you will find some really stupid videos they just don't care about their software anymore.
I don't know if they are sponsors of this site anymore but if it were my company I definitely wouldn't be related to then at all.
And for some reason lot's of times that I have expressed my opinion on this site my reply gets deleted if that is going to be the case again at least tell me what I did or said wrong.
I think they were sponsors at one time, but I don't see their name on here now. I don't know why a reply would be deleted. Maybe because they were a sponsor. But we are just trying to share our experiences and help out our fellow members.
As for the other responses...Gopher is a decent software. I like many faetures on the program. As long as it is running fine, all is good. But when you begin to have problems, you will see what I am talking about.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AztlanLC View Post
How can you manage 1200 cstomers in gopher, do you keep track of your fert applications on it? when I started doing fert applic. gopher was useless to me.
Managing alot of customers is easy as managing 20.
I use the basic Service tab split up for fert applications,
for instance one of my service tabs is Round 1. 23-2-5 plus dimension etc.

Why couldnt you use it for fert?