Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-05-2009, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Different tires on RH

I just bought a 52/19 Stander a few weeks ago and i must say im pretty impressed with the machine! The one question i have is has anyone had any luck with a different tire design on these machines? The RH is already "challenged" in the traction department with the low profile tires which is fine but i just wanted to know if there was a different tread pattern that anyone found that worked better on these mowers...unless a bigger tire would fit? I this mower is just having no trouble whatsoever spinning those tires!!! lol....thank you for any insight!

These are definitely different mowers to operate compared to any WB or ZTR ive used in the past but i really think once i get it down better it will be one very productive machine!! So actually, if anyone has any overall tips on the best way to use this mower that would be great!

-mike-

I really wish my dealer knew that the 23 hp option was available on these mowers this year, i asked about it and he didn't know :-\ I guess i'll try that on the next one!

Summer Setup

Ford Trucks
PJ Trailers
JD & Wright Equipment/Mowers

Last edited by mcwlandscaping; 04-05-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Member

How do you like the RH on hills? What did you pay for your new mower?
Old 04-05-2009, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

The mower does alright on the one big hill i tried it on....but i think that just proved that WB's will always have their place. I think better drive tires would have helped A LOT on that hill though! And i was also traveling with a JRCO rake on the front for part of it so that made it even more difficult. All in all, once i get the mower controls down pat and hopefully upgrade the tires, this thing will do great! I paid $6700 for the mower

-mike-

Summer Setup

Ford Trucks
PJ Trailers
Old 04-05-2009, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for your response, did you consider the sentar sport at all?
Old 04-06-2009, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Not really, i wanted the really tight package of the traditional stander with the ability to change the deck quickly....the RH fit what i wanted perfectly!

Summer Setup

Ford Trucks
PJ Trailers
Old 04-06-2009, 12:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have the Carlise multitrac tires (18x8-10) on your RH? Unfortunately, I do not think that the turfmaster tread (a bit more aggressive, standard on most Wrights) comes in that size. You would have to go with the 8" wheels (lower offset, which may narrow your track width a bit) to be able to choose a more aggressive tire, like a turfmaster. You could even get a chevron turf tire (which I've seen run on the large Stander's in 20x10-8 size before), the "super lug", in 18x9.5-8, which could probably be made to work with 8" wheels and some spacers. It may be a bit hard on the lawns, however. . .

link: http://www.carlisletire.com/products...lug/index.html
Old 04-06-2009, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I'm not sure what the size is but i have the Turf-Masters on there now...i think those tires would be a bit tough on my lawns lol, but for rough mowing i wouldn't hesitate to put those on!

Summer Setup

Ford Trucks
PJ Trailers
Old 04-07-2009, 09:30 AM
Sponsor

mcwlandscaping,

We are currently looking in to another tire fitment for the 42"-52" Sports and RH's. It is the same Carlisle Turf Master low profile sidewall but in the 18 x 10.5 - 10 size (on the stock rim). Some people have already put these on and report a significant increase in hill holding and a reduction in turf tear. We have not approved it yet due to increased stress on the wheel motors and are waiting to hear if it is still within exceptable limits.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg. Service Dept.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightCommercial View Post
mcwlandscaping,

We are currently looking in to another tire fitment for the 42"-52" Sports and RH's. It is the same Carlisle Turf Master low profile sidewall but in the 18 x 10.5 - 10 size (on the stock rim). Some people have already put these on and report a significant increase in hill holding and a reduction in turf tear. We have not approved it yet due to increased stress on the wheel motors and are waiting to hear if it is still within exceptable limits.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg. Service Dept.
Thank you for the reply! Let us know if becomes an "approved" modification =] its good to see that you are actively looking for solutions to make your products even better!

Summer Setup

Ford Trucks
PJ Trailers
Old 04-07-2009, 11:53 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I guess this brings up a new question now...where can i get these tires? I can only find the 18x9.5-8's but not the 18x10.5-10's anywhere....any suggestions? They are not even listed on Carlisle's site (it shows they only have the Multi-Trac in that size...and how do these compare to the Turf Master R/S?

Summer Setup

Ford Trucks
PJ Trailers

Last edited by mcwlandscaping; 04-07-2009 at 11:58 AM.