Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-12-2009, 10:43 AM
LawnSite Member

chandler's phone #800-243-3319 ask for michael gaines you may refer my name ed moore augusta ga
Old 12-12-2009, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

onebreezer - glad you are on the top dressing band wagon. We need to get more folks doing this end of the business. I think with the availability of top dressers (Lawn Solutions) in the near future and banning of synthetics that we are all on the cutting edge of a new niche in lawn care.

My own business is now over 60% organic apps and seeding vs 30% mowing - 10% is leafs and mulch. Yet 80% of my time is spent chasing that 30% (mowing). I for sure am moving into more organics/seeding and would like to do more mulching - bark blowers offer a great solution but the cost is very high even for a guy doing over 1 million sq ft it is still too high. But as I get older I know I need to work smarter and for more $$ per hour so I toil, learn and ask questions.

Can you tell us more about the TV ad, cost, results (new bus), how long did it run, when did it run (time of year, time of day) likes, dislikes, knowing what you know now what would you have done different. I have a good friend who does this work for the local CBS channel and he says they will shoot it for free if you do 5 to 10k per year in advertising on the channels. He says the most bang for buck is to take the spots that are available on last min cancellations - that way you can get some prime time spots for pennies on the dollar - the down side is you also never know when they are aired.

Thanks for coming on this site and sharing your experiences, you are very valuable to us all
Old 10-26-2010, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Hi, whats the latest on this machine
Old 10-27-2010, 07:45 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncaHeat View Post
Hi, whats the latest on this machine
go to louisville this week and find out
Old 11-01-2010, 10:08 AM
LawnSite Member

WE'RE WAITING!!!!!

if anyone has seen this unit, or (even better) has pics of this unit, please let us know. I've been waiting to eyeball this unit for almost a year now.

thanks in advance!
Old 01-30-2011, 01:52 AM
LawnSite Member

BUMP! I just posted in the renovation section as I didn't see this thread at the time. I've already got 2 LS products, why not make it 3. David: any updates? I'm ready to purchase for early spring time...
Old 01-31-2011, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Still no word from anyone who attended an expo?

So nobody attended the expo? About the mythical Lawn Solutions topdresser? I think they've got some great ideas going on their products and would be interested to see how they apply that to topdressing...
Old 01-31-2011, 04:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I think was has happened is the topdresser development has been put on hold because the company has put so much time (and probably capital) into its development and production of the aerators, especially the ride-on and the dual-hydro walk-behind.

"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine."
Old 01-31-2011, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

NO LS top dresser yet

No top dresser - YET from LS. He has several options and very busy with all his other stuff. Top Dressers are....... maybe some day.
He has that 2 inch post hitch now on the front of the ride on aerator and this would be great to have a 12 ft hopper with a drop spreader for compost - then you could drop spread some compost or sand and aerate right behind it. But this might be a tad to heavy - but with some wheels out front under the hopper totally doable - David??
Old 01-31-2011, 04:30 PM
Sponsor

Pretty close...and yes we put a lot of time and resources into our new line of aerators which pushed back the top dresser last fall.

The top dresser has been pushed back from this spring because we are launching 4 new products (new platforms) next month for our rental customers....which should do very well. After next month, these new pruducts will get pass on to my production group and I'll get back on working on the top dressers.

I have some new ideas for a top dresser that noone is expecting...not even the guys who think they know what we are working on.