Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-14-2009, 12:55 AM
LawnSite Member

HELP! Low Flow Hydraulic Kit for Mustang Loader??

If anyone can help me out with this, it would be appreciated.

I own a 2007 Mustang MTL25 Tracked skid loader. Same thing as a Tak or a Gehl.

I am looking to add two low flow hydraulic lines onto my machine and I was told that there might be a kit which could solve my problems before I take it in to the shop and spend more money than I have to. Reason for this is....my old machine.....ASV PT 100 has Five quick couplers for an attachment. Machine started on fire and now I have a Mustang with a forestry mulcher which has two high flow hoses and a return hooked to my machine. It also has two low flow hoses to move the front mulcher door up and down but I had to remove this door due to my mustang only having the two high flow and one return line.

I did see that the mustang has a cap on each high flow hydraulic line about six inches back or so from the actual quick coupler. I figure you can probably just order two lines with quick couplers that could tap into the lines where the caps are, except, how do I get low flow lines to fuction as the as the high flow lines are spinning my mulcher?

If you know where to get this or go about getting something like this to work, please let me know. Also if you know anything or about any kits that can also supply me with an aux. electric connector please let me know as well.

thanks,

matt

Last edited by Forestree; 04-14-2009 at 12:59 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

There is a kit to convert the hydraulic door over to elctric over hydraulic .Hence you only need the two high flow lines. I have this setup and it works well. The solenoid is wired into the left joystick and this opens and closes the door.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

P.S. I used a 4 prong trailer plug to wire this in. I take it that the head is an FAE.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:02 PM
LawnSite Member

can you tell me where to buy this kit or where to look for it? also, exactly what steps did you do to make this work because I can wire it into my joystick on my own. I just have not had too much experiance with it.

thanks
Old 05-07-2009, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mine came from FAE. It was installed by L and N Supply in Dallas Ga. It is fairly straight forward. There is a manifold block inside the grinder to rob oil from the pump (motor). Two hoses lead form the manifold to the solenoids and then two hoses from the solenoid to the door cylinder. I ran a four wire trailer plug from the left joystick to the area where the valves hook up. Then I ran the opposite trailer plug to the solenoid inside of the mulcher. It works really well. You can call L and N Supply and I am sure they will ship you the parts. Phone 1 770 445 9019. If that doesn't work you can call FAE at 1-877-FAEUSA-1 and ask for Tech Support.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If you need to talk to me phone 334-398-1576. I would be glad to help all I can.

Tags
hydrualic , mustang , quick coupler , skid steer , tak