Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-15-2009, 05:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Organica 4 Step Lawn Care Program

Organica 4 Step Lawn Care Program..
1st step Lawn Booster 8-1-1 (corn gluten meal)
2nd step Kelp Booster
3rd step Microbial Soil Conditioner
4th step Lawn booster
Anyone have any knowledge of the product line. Can i offer this as a program to my customers. Does it have a any weed killer effects or is it just fertilizer for the lawn. What exactly will it to to the lawn?
Old 04-15-2009, 06:49 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-Seasons View Post
Organica 4 Step Lawn Care Program..
1st step Lawn Booster 8-1-1 (corn gluten meal)
2nd step Kelp Booster
3rd step Microbial Soil Conditioner
4th step Lawn booster
Anyone have any knowledge of the product line. Can i offer this as a program to my customers. Does it have a any weed killer effects or is it just fertilizer for the lawn. What exactly will it to to the lawn?
Please check out our website and contact me if you are interested.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 04-15-2009, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Member

The gluten does the job right. I believe either the mc or the kelp contain dolomitic lime which kind of bugs me...Doesn't kill weeds....sry.

Apparently, it is "biologically enhanced" and it wont harm you, the customer, or the environment. So its not all that bad. I used these products a few times I'm happy with it. Programs, as you will read aren't favored in this particular forum. No soil is the same...

step 1 should be observe the property
step 2 should be determine your's and your customers goals
step 3 determine your budget
step 4 test your soil. Determine deficiencies.
step 5 umm. . . Begin work on deficences and/or current obvious problems (weeds)
Step 6...
Old 04-15-2009, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm a fan of "organic" companies including organica that sell green products, compete with scott's, and change the views of the public a bit more in the right direction.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMGL&L View Post
The gluten does the job right. I believe either the mc or the kelp contain dolomitic lime which kind of bugs me...Doesn't kill weeds....sry.

Apparently, it is "biologically enhanced" and it wont harm you, the customer, or the environment. So its not all that bad. I used these products a few times I'm happy with it. Programs, as you will read aren't favored in this particular forum. No soil is the same...

step 1 should be observe the property
step 2 should be determine your's and your customers goals
step 3 determine your budget
step 4 test your soil. Determine deficiencies.
step 5 umm. . . Begin work on deficences and/or current obvious problems (weeds)
Step 6...

LOL... I love your step program, I may steal it if you don't mind...
Old 04-28-2009, 01:00 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

But what about 1). Pre-m/Fert, 2). fert, 3)Broadleaf, 4)fert, 5) fert. 6) broadleaf - and then winterizer???
Old 04-28-2009, 08:03 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

no no no... 3 and 6 are broadleaf/fert... and the fert HAS to be REALLY HIGH N content...

I hope this isn't what I sound like when I state my concerns for high N. I just want to state for the record I know what the proper N amount is and my lawns don't grow a foot a week like some other companies near by care for...
Old 04-28-2009, 09:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepGreenLawn View Post
no no no... 3 and 6 are broadleaf/fert... and the fert HAS to be REALLY HIGH N content...

I hope this isn't what I sound like when I state my concerns for high N. I just want to state for the record I know what the proper N amount is and my lawns don't grow a foot a week like some other companies near by care for...
Just NOT putting on excessive amounts of N - would be a step in the organic direction for the squirt and fert folk around here.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMGL&L View Post
I hope you don't mind my intrusion here. I'm not in the lawn care business but I come across the site trying to learn about organic lawn care. I'm trying to get more opinions on the organica program and the closest I could find was this organic lawn program which mentions some of the products.

I used the microbial soil conditioner last year. Lawn looks a little less of a mess but I did a lot more to the lawn last year besides that. I'm planning on putting down some kelp booster for the first time this year.

Anyway... The base of the Organica Microbial Soil Conditioner and Kelp Booster is just calcium carbonate which is regular lime, not dolomitic lime which is calcium magnesium carbonate. At 4lbs/1M even if the products were 100% calcium carbonate it would have little effect on pH considering I think it takes 50lbs/1M to raise pH 1 point. If you have sandy or naturally alkaline soil, you may want to factor that in.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Different soils and climates and, of course, moisture will have a lot to do with, what soil ammendments do what - and when... I would think that one would have a reason to add - Calcium Magnesium Carbonate... vs. Calcium Carbonate.

Up here - either may be worth a shot... but in Illinios they would both be 'dirty' words...

Does this stuff sell in N. Illinios???