Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-02-2009, 11:56 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

You see Marcos, just like a few select fert and squirt guys, you attack me unprovoked. Yet you and others who exhibit this same childish behavior call me antagonistic. Grow up.

FYI, I can rack up 80 posts easily in 2-3 hours on a Sunday in the irrigation forum.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

kiril my friend, these tools have no right to talk about post numbers,not working or what ever crap they sell. these guys talk about you not out working but they post all day long through out the work weeks, talk about ur post #'s but have post's numbering in the thousands in less or the same amount of time on the site, plus i think i don't have mention the quality in info between yours and their posts.

im home today recovering from a upper respiratory infection ive been battling since thursday, took the day off too run a few needed errand's,get my hair cut, and sleep.
ive been working my a$$ off this season thats has been both a blessing and a curse, cause my body ain't getting any younger.

but anyway keep doing you kiril...
Old 06-03-2009, 06:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

This arguement is nonsustainable
Old 06-03-2009, 08:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
This arguement is nonsustainable
Old 06-03-2009, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
You see Marcos, just like a few select fert and squirt guys, you attack me unprovoked. Yet you and others who exhibit this same childish behavior call me antagonistic. Grow up.

FYI, I can rack up 80 posts easily in 2-3 hours on a Sunday in the irrigation forum.

Your problem Kiril, other than your inflated ego, is that you obviously can't stand to see a thread on this site like "Organica 4 Step Lawn Care Program" without barging in, trashing the entire concept, and then pushing your obvious personal agenda of.... "compost...compost...compost"... down everyone's throat.

I'm sure I love compost every bit as much as you do, but the fact remains that not every lawn / landscape situation calls for compost, period.

Not every John & Jane Doe in Anytown U.S.A are open to having their lawns / landscapes covered with 1/4" to 1/3" of composted horse poop and leaves, no matter how convincing the best organic salesmen are in their presentations.

Is this general reluctance determined somewhat by age, region of the country, and income level?
Oh, you bet it is!
Yes to all of the above.

Can / will it change as time marches on?
Maybe...maybe not.
It hinges on public safety perception, space efficiency (in terms of backyard barrel / bin operations), and ease of application for the avg Joe.

The general public will need to be much better educated than they are right now as to the ins & outs of composting in their own back yards, the safety aspects of thermophilic compost in regard to standard human hygiene demands, and as far as turf is concerned, some type of realistic expectation as to how long the organic matter will be seen in among the grass (and, as we'll hear week in & week out ..."dragged into the house by the kids and/or the dogs")

I know there are lots o' very efficient compost spreaders on the market these days. And in places like California and the wet coast of Oregon & Washington, I'm sure the public attitude toward compost is far ahead of the Midwest.
I know it is. I have a sister who lived in Portland for quite a while, and she tells me all the time how far behind the Midwest is.
But my stock response to her, in regard to many of our customers' general feelings toward something that they're simply not comfortable with, is...
"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make 'im drink"

So thus, that's the key reason why we extend options of either a rotating program of protein meals, 1x or 2x composting per year, or some combination of both that's suitable to their budget.
Most people like to have a little bit of an option before they lay their $$ down.

Economic pressure on natural gas (fertilizer) prices will wax & wane as time goes by. Frankly, the same thing can probably be said when it comes to world public consensus regarding *The Environment. Granted, we are certainly all existing in a difficult time now.
But this doesn't mean attitudes and extravagances of homo sapiens won't be all together different 75 years from now when we're dead, when our children become great-grandparents.

* capitalized here because the U.N./Gorists have successfully transformed environment-worship into a religion

Last edited by Marcos; 06-03-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by growingdeeprootsorganicly View Post
but anyway keep doing you kiril...

hmmm...?
C'mon, deep roots, try to keep the personal stuff in the P.M.s
Old 06-03-2009, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

@Marcos ..... talk about religion.

What are you so insecure about? I made a simple one line statement, yet you act like I came out and personally attacked you or some product you supply.

Can you be any more childish? Probably, but I'll leave that to you to show the world.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos View Post

I'm sure I love compost every bit as much as you do, but the fact remains that not every lawn / landscape situation calls for compost, period.
But a lot of them do, don't they?
Quote:
Not every John & Jane Doe in Anytown U.S.A are open to having their lawns / landscapes covered with 1/4" to 1/3" of composted horse poop and leaves, no matter how convincing the best organic salesmen are in their presentations.
This may be true for some, but I have not had a problem selling it to anyone this year, in a "down economy" even. Maybe some of the best organic salesmen need to brush up on their selling skills.

Quote:
Is this general reluctance determined somewhat by age, region of the country, and income level?
Oh, you bet it is!
Yes to all of the above.
I don't agree whit this at all, I live in a very diverse area(multimillion dollar homes on the ocean that people visit a couple weekend out of the year, to $85,000 bungalows and little ranch homes w/ 3000sqft lawn areas about 2-4 miles inland) and have been selling topdressing to everyone.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:20 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Prolawn,

You have to understand the people who sell "programs" feel threatened anytime someone suggests alternatives to the program mentality. Heaven forbid someone suggest a 1-2 time per year compost application when the program boys can sell a 5-9 application "program" at a much higher profit margin. Forget about the reasons behind the "organic" movement, forget about building sustainable systems, forget about saving clients money. None of that matters when profit is the only concern.

Same goes for the fert and squirt guys. Suggest alternatives to "traditional" methods that lead to a more healthy soil and plant community (therefore reduce or eliminate the need for ferts and pesticides) and see what you get ..... attacked, ridiculed, labeled, etc.......

People like Marcos have a serious case of tunnel vision, and they attempt to ostracize anyone who doesn't ride on their train. They are best ignored, just as you would an unruly child.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:39 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

The "Program" mentality is exactly what is wrong with lawn care. Whether it is a synthetic or organic program it says -one size fits all and we can't make adjustments for your individual situation.
I am not joining the frey or taking sides - it just can't be emphasized enough that "Package Programs" are for suckers...