Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-03-2011, 01:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Almost There... Got a quick picture of it the other morning. How does it look so far?
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2011, 01:18 AM
LawnSite Member

To me it looks like its to long behind the rear axle. Might be an issue when turning.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-03-2011, 06:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

long

Looks good a little long in the tail. How heavy is the gate any springs in the works. I have seen them mounted under the dove tail to keep them out of the way. you would still have cables down the sides.

Training them early
Old 09-03-2011, 09:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Yeah thats what i was wondering the weight of the gate?
Wright Stander
Exmark zero turns
Fisher And Western Plows
Old 09-03-2011, 11:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon50EX View Post
Looks good a little long in the tail. How heavy is the gate any springs in the works. I have seen them mounted under the dove tail to keep them out of the way. you would still have cables down the sides.
Yeah, it does seem to look a little long from the tail. I think we nailed it on the length size though.. Any longer then we would probably run into problems. Couldn't tell you the weight of the ramp gate at this moment. It's not really that heavy. Well as of right now. When the expanded metal gets put on then it will get some weight on it. But remember that the ramp in one full piece at the moment and it wil be cut down the middle to become a double ramp. The ramp is also made of light material like the one on our current trailer. Seems to hold up pretty good. Not sure if we will use any lift gate assist. Don't really think we will be needing them. Also they are pretty pricy. Saw the gorilla lift at a local trailer dealer. Like almost $300. We saw them and we said we can make those. Really we can.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by orlawncaresvc; 09-03-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlawncaresvc View Post
We saw them and we said we can make those. Really we can.
Posted via Mobile Device
I did..........

You will get used to the length. Just don't turn sharply away from a curb when you are next to a mailbox!!......or cars in the other lane. I just turn like I am driving a trailer, smooth long turns.

My E-450 Dovetail Van project thread.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=351062&page=7
Old 09-03-2011, 04:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yes you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlawncaresvc View Post
Yeah, it does seem to look a little long from the tail. I think we nailed it on the length size though.. Any longer then we would probably run into problems. Couldn't tell you the weight of the ramp gate at this moment. It's not really that heavy. Well as of right now. When the expanded metal gets put on then it will get some weight on it. But remember that the ramp in one full piece at the moment and it wil be cut down the middle to become a double ramp. The ramp is also made of light material like the one on our current trailer. Seems to hold up pretty good. Not sure if we will use any lift gate assist. Don't really think we will be needing them. Also they are pretty pricy. Saw the gorilla lift at a local trailer dealer. Like almost $300. We saw them and we said we can make those. Really we can.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yall can build just about anything. The gorilla mounts on the top rail, what i saw had the springs mounted under the dove tail it used two pulleys to redirect the cable. You could make them for under $50 or very close to it and for that why not make the gate feel like 10lbs at the end of a long day that would be nice.

You guys do good work its just an idea

Training them early
Old 09-04-2011, 01:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Got at it again today. Put in some boards on the added 2 feet. Also we finished welding the other diamond plate board.
Attached Images

Old 09-04-2011, 01:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

In these pictures we got the expanded metal on and welded on the to the ramp. Finally. We had to use two seperate pieces of expanded. You can see in the pictures how the expanded had to be clamped together with vise grip pliers then welded.
Attached Images

Old 09-04-2011, 01:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The major fabrication is done on the ramps. Just a little bit of things left on them, like some handles on the side of them.
Attached Images