Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-13-2012, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
That looks great. A couple questions you had to lengthen the wheel base right? Blower cage can you get them out from both sides ? And the trimmers why so high or do you get them off from truck bed?
Yes, the rear end had had to be pushed back several feet because of the additional length we added, in the end the tail came out being too long. And although we have seen similar trucks with tails as longs as ours on the road, we just thought it be too dangerous to drive it that way. Especially when making turns. Pushing the rear end back was a huge task. And working with a custom air bag suspension for the first time also didn't make it easier. But in the end it worked out awesome. The drive line also was extended by adding to it. The blower cages unfortunately can be accessed from one side only. And the trimmer racks do seem a little high, but it is manageable to access them from the outside. Over all building this truck was a great experience. Everybody who seed the truck for the first time looks sort of amazed or their not sure what they are looking at until they take a couple of more looks at it. The benefits of it, we are getting to our jobsites a lot faster. Don't have to worry about a trailer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-13-2012, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks and is the lifting of that rear gate okay? We are really hoping we have a good enough year to get a used one to begin with. We have had it with fooling with brakes, tires, and wiring problems on these trailers. Seems like we are constantly replacing tires on something.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
Thanks and is the lifting of that rear gate okay? We are really hoping we have a good enough year to get a used one to begin with. We have had it with fooling with brakes, tires, and wiring problems on these trailers. Seems like we are constantly replacing tires on something.
We were in the same sitiuation when we were towing a trailer. Tirés on the trailer wouldnt last any longer than a year. Lights on the trailer would always cause a problem also. We are so looking forward to ont having to put up with all this.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-16-2012, 08:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlawncaresvc View Post
some equipment pictures

nice. nice equip too. is that trailer homemade?

Snapper: CP218520 Comm Hi Vac
70s Hi Vac
LawnBoy: 10227 wi/bagger
Scag:SW36 Grass Packer/Kawaski engine
Shindaiwa: T242 LE242 RS41T231X
STIHL: MS210C BG55x2
Kawasaki:KRB650B KHDS600A
Toro:1 Stage snow blower
Lesco: 4Gal BP sprayer #80 SS spreader deflector/hopper cover
Quality Steel: 5x8 utility trailer JJ trim rack Xtreme shovel rack

Lets max out the hits my explains post count.
Click here for my work thread
The kid who cuts lawns, and does it very well
Old 10-16-2012, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki guy View Post
nice. nice equip too. is that trailer homemade?
Yes, all the trailers you see in our thread are made by us. So is the the landscape body on that GMC W4 Forward truck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-19-2012, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I got a text from my brother the other day regarding our lawn truck build video that we posted on youtube about a year ago. He had asked me if I had seen the comments area on our video lately. I told him no. So he text me the actual comment which was posted 6 days ago today. The comment read. Dear OscarOrod,
I am writing you regarding the use of the trademarked brand of our Super Lawn Truck.
It appears you are using the trademark of Super Lawn Truck without permission. Please remove the Super Lawn Truck trademark from your video.
Thank you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me direct at ***-***-****
Tony Bass, CEO SLT

I had no idea that I needed permission or that my titled video would creat a conflict. I was surprised that the CEO himself reached out to contact us. I mean come on, it's just a quick video we put together to show off our fabricating skills and our new to us used super lawn truck. It's not like we are in the truck building business. At least not yet. Here's the link to our video for those who have not seen it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEsR57tumLU And oh, let me know what ya think on this situation that we are suddenly in.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Call it the Super Lawncare Truck... I too am a welder (pipe fitter)and enjoy reading your thread. Good luck with that.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

MIght not want to mess with these guys we got a little sideways with TruGreen and they finally had the lawyer contact us.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lol. It's funny to me how they can feel threatened by a small frie. I was given a good idea by sealcutter on renaming it. But I'm gonna have to ask him for permission first. Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-21-2012, 01:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlawncaresvc View Post
Lol. It's funny to me how they can feel threatened by a small frie. I was given a good idea by sealcutter on renaming it. But I'm gonna have to ask him for permission first. Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
I still want you guys to build me a truck!!!
Posted via Mobile Device