Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-21-2009, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Sulky question

I am going to buy a sulky and need some advice. what is better, a single wheel, double wheel or a proslide. I have several large properties some are pretty rough terrain (holes, bumps etc), some kind of hilly, the rest are regular size lots. I have two walk behinds a exmark 48" belt drive and a walker walk behind 48" hydro. Please help I need to get a sulky VERY soon.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Member

I use a single wheel on my 48 inch exmark wb I do notice there is a line in the middle of your stripe once the grass gets dry also when mowing when wet the single wheel will sink in the mud as for the rough stuff [ potholes etc. ] I found if I air down the tire it rides a lot better also just let your knee's be the shock's if I had it to do all over again I would get a duel wheel sulky so it rides in the tire tracks
Old 04-21-2009, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

double wheel sulky, only way to go
Old 04-21-2009, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i have used my parteners single wheel velke pro with shocks and o my gggggggooooooossssssshhhhhhhhh possibly the best and quickest thing i have ever used. it has a great weight, the shocks help alot and turning is a breeze go with 1 wheel velke pro with shocks... did i mention the shoocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
It just proves there are rednecks everywhere, not just Georgia.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i had a viking hydro and i only used a 2 wheel caster style to make the mower a true zero turn. This is the only sulky i would consider if your looking to get productivity. one wheels leave a stripe down the center which is not attractive, and two wheel fixed, well is just not as agile when it comes to your turns. take a look at this website. i have a brand new one for sale at 299.00 with custom brackets for vikings and metro for 35.00. retail is 369.00 for the sulky and 79.00 for the bracket. let me know if your interested @ michael_dominijanni@yahoo.com

http://www.selbro.com/id3.html