Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-28-2009, 07:47 AM
LawnSite Member

Organic Weed Control - Australia

Hi All

I have just joined this forum, after finding it on a Google Search.

I do contract garden maintenance, in Byron Bay, Australia. I have a special interest in weed control without the use of glyphosate and other toxic chemicals.

I currently use Bio-weed Control (based on pine oil), Horticultural Vinegar, and salt - all with mixed results.

I would like to be in touch with others experimenting in this area. I have read some of the Threads on this forum with great interest.

Cheers

Mark
Old 04-28-2009, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkFromOz View Post
Hi All

I have just joined this forum, after finding it on a Google Search.

I do contract garden maintenance, in Byron Bay, Australia. I have a special interest in weed control without the use of glyphosate and other toxic chemicals.

I currently use Bio-weed Control (based on pine oil), Horticultural Vinegar, and salt - all with mixed results.

I would like to be in touch with others experimenting in this area. I have read some of the Threads on this forum with great interest.

Cheers

Mark
Mark,
Welcome,
What temperate zone are you in? I am near Washington DC and in zone 7a, in a couple more years we will be zone 8........ and then 9

I will assume that you guys are heading towards fall and that your season is coming to a close.

There are several ways to kill weeds, or anything else for that matter, Fire, solarizing, vinegar

Now selective control of weeds in the lawn is something that is mostly hit or miss, I have seen some potions made up by some folks that have pretty good control but established broad leaf weeds typically laugh at them