Register free!

Old 04-27-2009, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If That Manure smells...Its not cooked...It most likely will have weed seeds and too high On the N...You may already know this but the pile has too cook at a certain temp for a certain lenth of time and It should not get too hot.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Tree, do you heat it to kill pathogens or for another reason?
Old 04-27-2009, 02:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daner View Post
If That Manure smells...Its not cooked...It most likely will have weed seeds and too high On the N...You may already know this but the pile has too cook at a certain temp for a certain lenth of time and It should not get too hot.
I wouldn't want to sleep in a bed made with the stuff, but for manure it didn't smell bad to me, but a neighbor made a comment about it. Its not 100% composted, there is some fresh poo in it.

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Old 04-27-2009, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUtah View Post
Tree, do you heat it to kill pathogens or for another reason?
I can make the assumption, YES. No ecoli present, is a better way of saying it. It is just food for the plants and no microbes

WIKI: Aseptic describes a product or method that is free of microbiological organisms, that would lead to spoilage, fermentation, or contamination.

The Aseptic technique is used in medical procedures and microbiology to keep processes and procedures free of cross-contamination.

In the food industry, aseptic processing is used to prevent spoilage of products intended for long-term storage beyond the natural lifespan of the product.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Oh lol I didn't catch that was one word... I htought she was saying something about a septic lol
Old 04-28-2009, 01:12 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Some of those clumps look a bit large, but, not much of it is worse than a good plugging from what we see in the pictures. Too bad you couldn't just water it in from here...

I agree... good job... and looks great...
Old 04-28-2009, 07:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
Some of those clumps look a bit large, but, not much of it is worse than a good plugging from what we see in the pictures. Too bad you couldn't just water it in from here...

I agree... good job... and looks great...
Thanks smallaxe.

Yes, most are about the size of aerator plugs, the ones that are not will be when I mow at 1.5" this week. As far as watering, I will have to get a permit for watering in herbicides.

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Old 04-28-2009, 09:01 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

That is what I love about Cherokee County, we have a few reservoirs, and Lake Allatoona, so our water restrictions are back to certain days but we can wash our cars and everything... which I need to do..
Old 04-28-2009, 09:05 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepGreenLawn View Post
That is what I love about Cherokee County, we have a few reservoirs, and Lake Allatoona, so our water restrictions are back to certain days but we can wash our cars and everything... which I need to do..
We can hand water odd/even between 12am and 10am. Pressure washing is also ok on odd/even and we can wash cars as well. Until Barrow County builds a non shared reservoir we will not ever be able to water lawns with county water which is ridiculous because the reservoir is topped off right now and if people aint using it that means they aint selling in.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Chris, Barrow county can water the lawns now using the odd even thing, even is Mon, & Wed. Odd is? I'm even, so don't care about odd.
Did the manure green up the grass yet?
When did you put it down?
Dave