Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-25-2010, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

New/Used Toy came in.

Finally after the shippers messed up my order. Found this on-line in Vermont for a steal of a deal and found a shipper to ship it for about half of what the larger carriers were going to ship it for.

Who needs employees when I've got this setup now.

Oh, please disregard the genky wiring on the trailer. I plan on re-doing them at some point.

Name:  ramrod.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  351.5 KB

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Very nice,enjoy ur new vermeer
Wright 36" RH 07"
Redmax trimmer
Echo srm 225
Stihl fs90
Redmax hb28
Redmax eb7500 backpack blower
Rubbermaid cans 32gal
Solo backpack sprayer
A few more things..
Old 05-25-2010, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice attachment! That will save you some time and shoveling.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis45 View Post
Nice attachment! That will save you some time and shoveling.
Heck ya, I've got a couple of jobs I plan on using it on. Hopefully it will dry out soon. We had 5 inches of rain in the last month and that's 2.5 more than average.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

So, I was working on a 10 yard mulch job last week and the supplier sold his 350 yard supply of various mulches to one of the big wig contractors, so he could spruce up his home for Memorial day weekend.

So my mulch supplier goofed and didn't order any extra ahead of time. So, I had to switch gears and take three days over the weekend to do a small rock-job for the mother in-law. She was getting sick of the mud around her pool and the deck isn't finished yet, so the yard is still tore up.

I went ahead and put in rock so she has a good area to work around her pool pump and not have a muddy mess. The rock is cheap river rock, and yes, you do see black plastic edging.( I don't condone it's use). It might be temporary as she wants to wait until the deck is done before she decides what to do with the lawn. That and because of bare feet around the pool the plastic edging is sufficient.

The flagstone is a formed concrete flag in 4 different styles. It's cheaper than real flag and does the job in this situation. It's still fairly smooth on the feet also.

All in all it does what it's intended to do. I'll post pics of the mulch job tomorrow.

Name:  RockJob1.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  284.1 KB

Name:  RockJob2.jpg
Size:  361.9 KB

Name:  RockJob3.jpg
Size:  275.0 KB

Name:  RockJob4.jpg
Size:  327.9 KB

Name:  RockJob5.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  60.3 KB

Old 06-02-2010, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Final Pics.

I also want to mention that I plan on making and actual pad for the pump/filter/heater to sit on. That will happen this fall when it's all disconnected and I can dig it out.

Name:  RockJob6.jpg
Size:  328.6 KB

Name:  RockJob7.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  315.0 KB

Name:  RockJob8.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  368.7 KB

Name:  RockJob9.jpg
Size:  386.1 KB

Old 06-02-2010, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ya, it sucks to say the least. I hope you guys have been able to keep up with your mowing. This weather makes me glad I don't mow but 3 three yards.

I was wondering if you did any maintenance work at all. Out here in Colorado we have had really good weather the last two weeks. The previous week was so windy that you could hardly stand it, but I would take that over days after days of rain. Looking at your work has given me a lot of ideas' for my own home. Just need to find some time to do them. I have been so busy, working from 8am. to 7:30 pm. most days. I can't wait till I can have a week end free to do something (camping-four wheeling) with my family. You no the saying all work and no play just makes you cranky!!!!! Chow David
Old 06-02-2010, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Very nice job and thats a nice pool,very good.
Wright 36" RH 07"
Redmax trimmer
Echo srm 225
Stihl fs90
Redmax hb28
Redmax eb7500 backpack blower
Rubbermaid cans 32gal
Solo backpack sprayer
A few more things..
Old 06-03-2010, 06:51 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by J & D Greens View Post

I was wondering if you did any maintenance work at all. Out here in Colorado we have had really good weather the last two weeks. The previous week was so windy that you could hardly stand it, but I would take that over days after days of rain. Looking at your work has given me a lot of ideas' for my own home. Just need to find some time to do them. I have been so busy, working from 8am. to 7:30 pm. most days. I can't wait till I can have a week end free to do something (camping-four wheeling) with my family. You no the saying all work and no play just makes you cranky!!!!! Chow David
I do three yards (one for free), and I have 6, bi-weekly landscape maintenance accounts that I do also. Also, I get a bunch of small random one-offs that I do also in between installs.

The mowing sucks as it's such a schedule you have to adhere to, and when I primarily do landscaping, it stinks having to work in a mow schedule. Basically every time it rains on my mow-day, it throws my schedule off.

I know what you mean about time. My yard is looking pretty shotty right now too. I just need to get my installs caught up so I can work on it.

Thanks for the compliment bobcat48, .

Old 06-03-2010, 07:13 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Gardens View Post
I do three yards (one for free), and I have 6, bi-weekly landscape maintenance accounts that I do also. Also, I get a bunch of small random one-offs that I do also in between installs.

The mowing sucks as it's such a schedule you have to adhere to, and when I primarily do landscaping, it stinks having to work in a mow schedule. Basically every time it rains on my mow-day, it throws my schedule off.

I know what you mean about time. My yard is looking pretty shotty right now too. I just need to get my installs caught up so I can work on it.

Thanks for the compliment bobcat48, .
Dude....I feel your pain about your yard. My grass is greener than hell, but it is also about approximately 1 foot tall. Worse than that there are weeds in the beds that are taller than the lawn and there isn't mulch to be found in the beds. But that will all be changing in the next couple weeks. I am finally doing my yard. It's waited long enough. By the way...like I said on fb, nice job man....looks good!
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com