LawnSite Fanatic

Happens every time!

Poster,

Use liquid weed control.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Brothers View Post
look at all this!! i just wanted advice and opinions on sprays and granules. i think i've gotten 2 maybe out of 25 or so. this is ridiculous. why even debate. i simply said i was a natural and organic guy and BOOM!!!!! quit being so defensive. lets help each other out. more of that and less argueing and we might be getting somewhere. imagine the green industry if we all just stopped debating and argueing. if one mans way is organic fine, if ones man way is synthetic fine. every man has his own thing, women of the green industry as well. everything has its positives and negatives. look past all that and lets help each other out. i didnt post my thread with these intentions. i asked a simple question and look where it has gone. its embarrasing to the green industry.
I think you are taking this a little too far!

I don't see this as being embarassing to the Green Industry at all...it is just a difference of opinion.

That is like saying that if all the democrats got along with the republicans the world would be a much better place to live! It ain't gonna happen!

There is just a lot of emotion built into this site when organic people come over here. I am not sure why...but I feel the same way! Don't need to hear it and if I ever want to I will go to the organic site!

I have stated this many times and will once again....I don't have a problem with organic lawncare...just the tree huggers that try and cram it down my throat!
Old 05-03-2009, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcreech View Post
I think you are taking this a little too far!

I don't see this as being embarassing to the Green Industry at all...it is just a difference of opinion.

That is like saying that if all the democrats got along with the republicans the world would be a much better place to live! It ain't gonna happen!

There is just a lot of emotion built into this site.

I have stated this many times and will once again....I don't have a problem with organic lawncare...just the tree huggers that try and cram it down my throat!

"lets help each other out. more of that and less argueing and we might be getting somewhere. imagine the green industry if we all just stopped debating and argueing."

i would like to here your thoughts on that, rcreech, please, if you dont mind. i mean lets face it. a third of the posters at least might not even know the question i originally posted. just debating with one another. i'm just saying, more time and energy could be spent helping one another. smittie has a point somewhat. everyone started at the bottom and everyone has asked someone for advice to get where they stand today. i dont think i overstated my concern. just my opinion anyway
Old 05-03-2009, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Your answer was given very early on...you spray for weeds, not spread. It's a slam dunk, a no brainer.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
"lets help each other out. more of that and less argueing and we might be getting somewhere. imagine the green industry if we all just stopped debating and argueing."

i would like to here your thoughts on that, rcreech, please, if you dont mind. i mean lets face it. a third of the posters at least might not even know the question i originally posted. just debating with one another. i'm just saying, more time and energy could be spent helping one another. smittie has a point somewhat. everyone started at the bottom and everyone has asked someone for advice to get where they stand today. i dont think i overstated my concern. just my opinion anyway

What would you like to hear my thoughts on?
Old 05-03-2009, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I may have missed a post or 2 but liquid is the way to go with pesticide.Granular for fertilizer. I think it is funny about how people try to find products they can use granular,organic etc to get past not having a license. It kinda gets old. How many people do you know ask questions like if I pull the car out of the garage and it is on my own property do I need a drivers license? Probally none. I think people should just quit trying to get around the licensing fact and avoid the grey areas and get a license.If you want to make money at it just learn it and be done. Why waste time of trying to figure out what is on the EPA exempt list?

My 2 cents
Rcgm
Brad
Old 05-04-2009, 01:27 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreplease View Post
I prefer liquid weed control and granular fertilizers and to apply them at different times. Synthetics do not require a license here, pesticides do. I am a big believer in both.
HUH??? Could you explain, please?

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Could you explain, please?
Pesticides require a license. There is no doubt we agree on that. It must be the word "synthetics." I have not heard or used that word to describe pesticides, only a class of fertilizers. In Michigan, at least, you do not need a license to apply fertilizers - synthetic or organic - that do not contain pesticides.

If this is something other than a misunderstanding or possibly a disagreement over the meaning of synthetics, then I am lost.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

same in nc. no license required for fert, just pesticides.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:

but why ask an opinion from someone that doesn't even apply what you apply or do what you do. seems like you would have asked someone in the organic section...

Tags
fertilizer , granular , herbicide , liquid , weed and feed