Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-06-2009, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcreech View Post
EXACTLY!!!!!

You would think the tree huggers would know by now that their "organic" or "natural" input isn't popular on this part of the site.

I think they just do it to start crap.

I am not going to participate in it anymore.

I have found that "they" think they know everything so why even argue!
I've said it time and time again. People like Rod bash what they don't understand. No matter what gets talked about on here, there's always the guys bringing up Liquid Gold as snake oil and writing off all organics as such. Does anyone on the organic forum use it? Nope. There are thousands of other products on the market and Liquid Gold gets focused on.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmGreen View Post
I'm just curious...if you, Kiril, are so into organics, why does it seem you are always giving "us" a hard time - there is a section for you. Do what you do and we'll do what we do.

As for nature, do you really know how anything we do as humans affects nature? I just heard the other day that "scientist" are now saying we may be headed for a mini-ice age, much like one experienced from 1300 to 1800. Can someone please tell me WTF happened to global warming? It's always something, and it always seems to be generated by a tree hugger or a democrat.
Nice, the classic us vs. them debate. Here's the thing that the average idiot doesn't understand. You can do all the republicans vs. democrats bashing you want, but look at the big picture. It's all a distraction to mask the fact that our liberties are being taken away slowly but surely. Thanks for assuming all organic guys are Dems though. Idiot.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NattyLawn View Post
I've said it time and time again. People like Rod bash what they don't understand. No matter what gets talked about on here, there's always the guys bringing up Liquid Gold as snake oil and writing off all organics as such. Does anyone on the organic forum use it? Nope. There are thousands of other products on the market and Liquid Gold gets focused on.
Uhhhhhh....what am I bashing?

Where in my post do you see me bashing anything!

I simply stated that most on here could care less about what you guys have to say.

Thanks,
RC
Old 05-06-2009, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Tree Huggers

I am willing to give credit to the advantages of adding Organic Material to my program If you are willing to admit the advantage of Synthetics filling the gap that organics leave out.

Hello It is the old compremize. Don't tell me how wrong I am and I won't tell you how wrong you are. There is the best of both worlds.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Shelton

Once you come back down to earth and start using common sense, Maybe you will realize the fact the Microbes decomposes organic matter quicker when dry than when wet. Fact is compost must first dry in order for Microbial activity. HELLO ever wonder why there are lids or covers on compost piles or containers??? Once the process starts it repels water at all costs to keep the Microbe population ever growing. BTW It doesn't matter whether this is aerobic or anaerobic the fact only a small amount of moisture is needed and any extra moisture is repelled. Hence Compost is HYDROPHOBIC. BTW Anaerobic compost is non desirable and generally anaerobic compost is formed by too much moisture that blocks out Oxygen from the void spaces.

So ends Compost 101 for auto orgasmic nerds

Have a Nice Day Shelton

ric,

i respect your years of experience when it comes to lawn care. you give some really good accurate advice most of the time, but your completely off in this argument.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:48 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

UHHHH OOHHHHHH Ric!

Kiril called in his organic backup team (a.k.a. TREE HUGGERS) as always!

There should be about 2 or 3 more chime in soon!

Hey Natty....whats up?

Missed ya!
Old 05-07-2009, 07:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Wow.....Look back over some old threads. I love how the new guy jumps on the bashing bandwagon to look cool. Aren't you the guy that thinks manure is organic? Or how you can't understand that farmers dumping endless amounts of manure on their fields because they need to get rid of it is causing problems in the Chesapeake?

At least some people on this site make claims and have the knowledge to back them up. Not just posting ramblings from a NY state dairy farm as fact. Just because you were a dairy farmer doesn't mean you can explain what's wrong n the Chesapeake.
So SH*T is NOT organic? Thanx I'll keep that in mind. And I thought I did understand that endless Manure Spreading was having an effect on the Chesapeake, I think I mentioned that When talking about Organic pollution, But then, now I find out that SH*T is'nt Organic, who knew.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Just a question Natty.

A while back...when we were talking about "organic farming ", Kiril posted a bunch of pictures of people spreading/knifing in manure and said that manure was the answer to using less fertilizer (which it can be there just isn't any manure available here).

NOW...these would be certified ORGANIC CROPS and to my knowlege animal manure would be their main fert source (ie chicken, bovine and swine)...and you are saying that manure isn't considered an organic fertilizer?

I don't know anything about "organics"....but I would say that manure has to be...and if it isn't....what is an "organic fertilizer??????

Last edited by rcreech; 05-07-2009 at 07:37 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Nice, the classic us vs. them debate. Here's the thing that the average idiot doesn't understand. You can do all the republicans vs. democrats bashing you want, but look at the big picture. It's all a distraction to mask the fact that our liberties are being taken away slowly but surely. Thanks for assuming all organic guys are Dems though. Idiot.
Wait a minute ****** (since we've started childish name calling), please show me in that statement where I "assumed" all organic guys (tree huggers) are democrats...
The statement reads, "...it's always started by a tree hugger OR a democrat." If I wanted it to seem as though I believe all tree huggers are democrats, I would have said, "...it's always a democrat tree hugger."
So why don't you stop ASSUMING and read the statement as it is...you gooch.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Tree Huggers

I am willing to give credit to the advantages of adding Organic Material to my program If you are willing to admit the advantage of Synthetics filling the gap that organics leave out.

Hello It is the old compremize. Don't tell me how wrong I am and I won't tell you how wrong you are. There is the best of both worlds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcreech View Post
UHHHH OOHHHHHH Ric!

Kiril called in his organic backup team (a.k.a. TREE HUGGERS) as always!

There should be about 2 or 3 more chime in soon!

Hey Natty....whats up?

Missed ya!
RC

That is because they are 100% Correct and we are 100% Wrong. Just ask them..... Oh wait we don't have to ask they are already telling us how wrong we are. I tried offering some comprise but it looks like I am being slapped down like a red head step child. Of course they only claim I am wrong and offer no explanation. So the "Ric's is Right" I normally get is now "Ric is always wrong"

OK I have said my peace for now. Time for me to back off before this gets any uglier. The Moderators have already deleted over 17 posts in this thread by my count and I have not been counting real hard.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Tags
fertilizer , granular , herbicide , liquid , weed and feed