Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 05-07-2009, 09:34 AM
Kiril Kiril is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: District 9 CA
Posts: 18,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Once you come back down to earth and start using common sense, Maybe you will realize the fact the Microbes decomposes organic matter quicker when dry than when wet. Fact is compost must first dry in order for Microbial activity. HELLO ever wonder why there are lids or covers on compost piles or containers??? Once the process starts it repels water at all costs to keep the Microbe population ever growing. BTW It doesn't matter whether this is aerobic or anaerobic the fact only a small amount of moisture is needed and any extra moisture is repelled. Hence Compost is HYDROPHOBIC. BTW Anaerobic compost is non desirable and generally anaerobic compost is formed by too much moisture that blocks out Oxygen from the void spaces.
Wow Ric, I think you need to go back to school because you are SOOO far off base here it is embarrassing. But you go on and believe what you want. Quite frankly, I am rather surprised because you normally do not pretend to know a subject, unlike some others on this forum.

The fact that you, nor anyone else here, has mentioned the two major concerns with some composts (heavy metals, salts) just goes to show the basic lack of knowledge with regard to compost .... yet so many of you claim to have that knowledge.

I have asked for several posters here to back up their statements with regard to organics being harmful to the environment ..... and every single question got ignored. Wonder why?

BTW, recommended moisture level for an active compost pile is around 40-60%, and for finished compost 30-40% .... but yea, it is hydrophobic Ric.

http://www.css.cornell.edu/compost/m...rmoisture.html

Go ahead, learn something new Ric and stop presenting yourself as an uneducated fool.

http://cwmi.css.cornell.edu/factsheets.htm

Oh, and a couple erosion studies showing how effective compost is at controlling runoff and erosion .... but yea, it is "hydrophobic" and is a "large contributor to water pollution".

http://www.filtrexx.com/downloads/Io...20BioCycle.pdf

http://www.p2pays.org/ref/11/10295.pdf

And trust me when I say, there are many, MANY more studies showing the benefits of compost. Want me to post a few hundred?

Quote:
Originally Posted by betmr View Post
I have never seen KRILL explain anything, just asks others to answer this or answer that.
And you have reviewed how many of my 7000+ posts? Guess what betmr, the best way to learn is to reason out the answer on your own. Most times I will push people in the right direction so they can do exactly that. I know, based on your posts, you like to be spoon fed, so I guess your post is right in line with that.

Oh and make sure you read the studies posted above so you can avoid making more ignorant statements in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcreech View Post
Kiril called in his organic backup team (a.k.a. TREE HUGGERS) as always!
Wrong ... but not a bad idea. I think Treegal will get a real kick out of Ric's post about compost. Maybe she will invite him over to her composting operation and kick some sense into him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcreech View Post
A while back...when we were talking about "organic farming ", Kiril posted a bunch of pictures of people spreading/knifing in manure and said that manure was the answer to using less fertilizer (which it can be there just isn't any manure available here).
Really .... news to me because I don't remember ever posting pics like that. Got a link Rod, or are you FOS as usual?

BTW, manure is, in part, one answer to using less fertilizer while keeping SOM at acceptable levels .... so at least you got part of it right. Maybe you can explain to betmr the difference between agronomic rates and disposal rates?
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 05-07-2009, 09:39 AM
Kiril Kiril is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: District 9 CA
Posts: 18,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
I tried offering some comprise but it looks like I am being slapped down like a red head step child. Of course they only claim I am wrong and offer no explanation. So the "Ric's is Right" I normally get is now "Ric is always wrong"
Really Ric .... I think your age is catching up to you ... how quickly you forget.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...0&postcount=35

Fact of the matter is, I have asked some very specific questions and got NO reasonable or logical answer to them. What I did get was insults and double talk, which is right in line with people who pretend to know about a subject, when in fact they know very little if anything.

BTW, who is the one getting attacked here Ric? Everything I say gets tagged as BS .... no? Yet not a single person has shown me where information I have posted in this forum is incorrect. So who is full of it Ric?
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 05-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: S W Florida
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
Really Ric .... I think your age is catching up to you ... how quickly you forget.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...0&postcount=35

Fact of the matter is, I have asked some very specific questions and got NO reasonable or logical answer to them. What I did get was insults and double talk, which is right in line with people who pretend to know about a subject, when in fact they know very little if anything.

BTW, who is the one getting attacked here Ric? Everything I say gets tagged as BS .... no? Yet not a single person has shown me where information I have posted in this forum is incorrect. So who is full of it Ric?
Shelton

Really! and you always answer our question in your own words??

I believe I addressed those questions in Posts # 45 & # 49. You must have been too business with your Auto Orgasmic duties to have noticed.
__________________
.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 05-07-2009, 10:16 AM
AmGreen AmGreen is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Garner, NC
Posts: 319
I'm sure it's been argued over time and time again, but what it comes down to is an "organic" guy posted a question about using liquid or granular weed/fert applications in a "synthetic" based forum. Then he decided to take offense to people calling him out on it.
Why say anything if you don't want a little back lashing...that's kind of like a KKK member walking into a Black Panther meeting and asking them how they conduct their meetings - I'm sure they would sit down and have a beer over the issue...
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 05-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Kiril Kiril is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: District 9 CA
Posts: 18,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
I believe I addressed those questions in Posts # 45 & # 49.
HELLO Ric .... I was pointing out the fact that I agreed with you. Man, you are really off your game in this thread ..... and you have NOT answered even one of my questions. In particular, an example of this "hydrophobic" compost and how it will impact field capacity. Funny thing is Ric, with your soils in FL you should be the last person here making such an ignorant statement.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Kiril Kiril is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: District 9 CA
Posts: 18,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmGreen View Post
I'm sure it's been argued over time and time again, but what it comes down to is an "organic" guy posted a question about using liquid or granular weed/fert applications in a "synthetic" based forum. Then he decided to take offense to people calling him out on it.
Why say anything if you don't want a little back lashing...that's kind of like a KKK member walking into a Black Panther meeting and asking them how they conduct their meetings - I'm sure they would sit down and have a beer over the issue...
Keep your eye on the ball homeboy. In fact, I think his post belongs more in this forum than the organic forum given you are the fert and squirt crowd, so who better to comment on methods of application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Brothers View Post
i would like to know what you guys opinions are on the preference of liquid or granular weed and feeds for lawns. fertilizers, weed control, pesticides, herbicides, sprays or spreaders you name it. im trying to decide to either go with an all liquid or all granular approach to weed and feed for turf care. i prefer, as of right now, all liquid. i go with all natural as well. i dont use any synthetics. therefore no license is required as long as all the active and inert ingredients are on the EPA exempt list. (25b and 4A)

Here, let me remove the part you yahoos can't seem to get over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Brothers View Post
i would like to know what you guys opinions are on the preference of liquid or granular weed and feeds for lawns. fertilizers, weed control, pesticides, herbicides, sprays or spreaders you name it. im trying to decide to either go with an all liquid or all granular approach to weed and feed for turf care.
Is that better now?
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 05-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: S W Florida
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
HELLO Ric .... I was pointing out the fact that I agreed with you. Man, you are really off your game in this thread ..... and you have NOT answered even one of my questions. In particular, an example of this "hydrophobic" compost and how it will impact field capacity. Funny thing is Ric, with your soils in FL you should be the last person here making such an ignorant statement.
Kiril

Florida's Gulf Coast is basically all Sand and you should know the Field Capacity of sand is Nada. Add in some Hydrophobic material of any kind and you get nothing in the way of water retention. I believe I am on top of my game but are YOU?????

I feel sorry for you because about the only social inter action you get is being antagonistic here on Lawnsite. By your high post count in a short time you must live on Lawnsite 31 (24/7). May I suggest you spend more time by the golden gate with your own kind and get a life no matter how sorry it may be.
__________________
.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 05-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Kiril Kiril is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: District 9 CA
Posts: 18,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Florida's Gulf Coast is basically all Sand and you should know the Field Capacity of sand is Nada. Add in some Hydrophobic material of any kind and you get nothing in the way of water retention.
Ric, it is truly astounding how clueless you are here. Adding compost to a sandy soil will increase its water holding capacity. Do I need to post links to back up that fact too? Really dude, you are approaching Rod status on this subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
I believe I am on top of my game but are YOU?????
Given people pay me 100-150/hour for my consulting services, I would say I am. Given your posts in this thread, clearly you are not.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 05-07-2009, 11:49 AM
Grasssales2001 Grasssales2001 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Shreveport,LA
Posts: 111
Ric , do y'all have any native trees in Florida? I'm just kinda curious who goes around and keeps them fertilized? Here in Louisiana the dead limbs and leaves fall to the ground decay, and return organic matter to the soil thus feeding the trees. Just curious if it works that way in Florida. Or does the state pay someone to go around and fertilize native woodland areas?
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 05-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: S W Florida
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
Ric, it is truly astounding how clueless you are here. Adding compost to a sandy soil will increase its water holding capacity. Do I need to post links to back up that fact too? Really dude, you are approaching Rod status on this subject.



Given people pay me 100-150/hour for my consulting services, I would say I am. Given your posts in this thread, clearly you are not.

Shelton


We are back on the subject of the QUALITY of the amendments added to the soil to add hydraulic conductivity to soil. Glass beads actually add more CEC and hydraulic conductivity than compost at a faction of the cost. But then as a high paid consultant you already know that. I am but a lowly lawn boy.
__________________
.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fertilizer , granular , herbicide , liquid , weed and feed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:53 AM.

Page generated in 0.13646 seconds with 7 queries