Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-02-2009, 12:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Scag tiger cub price used?

I got a 2008 Scag Tiger Cub 48" with a 26hp Briggs with only 90 hours on it in excellent condition. what in the world is good price to sell this mower for? I was thinking 5000, is that too much or less? Just curious because i'm thinking about selling my Tiger Cub since I just got a 61" bigblock turf tiger and don't need the Cub since I also got a Scag 48" Walk behind for smaller stuff.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:12 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

5k sounds about right. Did you ask the dealer about a trade in value on the Cub?
Old 05-02-2009, 08:16 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Here's an online price guide

http://www.mowpart.com/pages.php?pID=4&CDpath=3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningside View Post
I bought a wb from 4.3 Mudder and it was a great deal. he was honest and it was easy.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Member

average price

well I think I might have found my area's average price. seems most of the guys around here are only willing to give 4500. seems like 5000 is a deal to me but I had plans for the whole 5000 and with today's economy every dollar counts. I might let it go for 4500 but then again it is a nice machine that has been well taken care of. I no of a guy that sold his Tiger Cub with 250 hours and it was a 2006 and really showed wear and tear, that fella got 4000! Well seems I need to decide what I want, less than asking price or a perfect machine sitting in the garage. Either way the money is not needed but would like to use some of it to upgrade my trailer and get a bagger for the turf tiger.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALC-GregH View Post
5k sounds about right. Did you ask the dealer about a trade in value on the Cub?
I asked my dealer and they told me to stay at 5000. they said that was a very good fair price for a mower in the condition it's in. Problem around here is guys want top notch equipment for a craftsman price. lol
Old 05-02-2009, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Stick with $5000. Today I sold my '07 tiger cub w/ 19 kaw and 300 hrs. I had it listed for $5900 and sold it for $5300. It took exactly one month but come today I had two people that came to my house that had cash in hand that wanted to buy it. Just don't rush and take the first offer. You won't believe how many stupid offers I got that were turned down.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcuslawnguy View Post
I asked my dealer and they told me to stay at 5000. they said that was a very good fair price for a mower in the condition it's in. Problem around here is guys want top notch equipment for a craftsman price. lol
Good to see another local on here. I saw your mower posted on another sight. Good looking mower, only downfall was the briggs. Wasn't that model promod at $5999 last year? I know what you mean about guys in our area, everyone wants a commercial machine but can only afford a craftsman. So how many accounts you got now?
Old 05-05-2009, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Member

yeah your right about the promo price but now there pretty much 7000 and up. supply and demand for smaller mowers lol. now the bigger ones are going extremely affordable for those with the cash. How the season been so far for you? I'm doing pretty good with accounts considering all of the 20-25 dollar guys flooding the market. but they get to cut a yard once and my self and you get the yard for the rest of the season lol
Old 05-05-2009, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcuslawnguy View Post
yeah your right about the promo price but now there pretty much 7000 and up. supply and demand for smaller mowers lol. now the bigger ones are going extremely affordable for those with the cash. How the season been so far for you? I'm doing pretty good with accounts considering all of the 20-25 dollar guys flooding the market. but they get to cut a yard once and my self and you get the yard for the rest of the season lol
Those guys come and go. No biggie, when the heat heats every year they drop, and my accounts double. This season has started off great for us. We have around 70 or so weekly accounts, but landscaping has been keeping us busy. We're booked for 3 weeks out on those jobs. What parts of town do you cover? We are turning down alot of work out of the Huburt area, if you service out there let me know and drop off some cards at the shop.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Member

don't really do much in the hubert but I go almost to richlands, Jville, rockyrun. Hubert is no problem I could get enough for a decent day of work you know what I mean. That sounds good because I don't get into landscaping only mulch from time to time. I have a good amount of yards that I have came across that wanted sod etc... So networking I'm good with it as long as we are not trying to steal each others customers. lol