Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-04-2009, 05:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
Thats what I was looking for. I have talked other solid tire oems that have the rim mounted so it is equal distance from the center of the tire to the outside of the rim on both sides, that doesn't work for me. This sounds like my factory rim which is offset much the same way. I am 73" wide with the deep side in and like 81-82 with them flipped the other way.

Digger is that Canadian thing an issue? What the hell didn't NAFTA fix all those logistical issues. I see Grain Trains and Bull Racks coming down out of the Alberta and BC all the time. I am sure there are loads of your other CASH crop I don't see coming south without interruption. Cant they send me a set of tires?

I just got this email from Galaxy. Check this out.

Good morning,

Thank you for your e-mail and your interest in our Brawler Solid Flex tires.
In most cases, the Solid Flex tires can be “flipped” … we would need to know the Model of the Case skid steer to be certain; however, I’ve been advised that running tracks on our Solid Flex tires would nullify the warranty on these tires.

Regards,

This was signed by the director of marketing. I left his name off but there it is.

Anyone else just a little surprised? A runflat tire that is not compatible with steel tracks? Seems a little crazy to me.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

FYI, every Deere dealer with a CWP (compact equipment) contract is an authorized Brawler SolidFlex dealer. If they don't stock them, the parts dept. can order them and have them for you within a week or so. There is an introductory stocking program for Deere dealers going on right now that some dealers might not be aware of, so ask your local dealer to look into it if you're interested.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Thats what I was looking for. I have talked other solid tire oems that have the rim mounted so it is equal distance from the center of the tire to the outside of the rim on both sides, that doesn't work for me. This sounds like my factory rim which is offset much the same way. I am 73" wide with the deep side in and like 81-82 with them flipped the other way.

Digger is that Canadian thing an issue? What the hell didn't NAFTA fix all those logistical issues. I see Grain Trains and Bull Racks coming down out of the Alberta and BC all the time. I am sure there are loads of your other CASH crop I don't see coming south without interruption. Cant they send me a set of tires?
HAHAHA, it could be argued that NAFTA only worked one way....and that was in Americans Favor you so you might have a point.

It's the shipping that will kill ya. there is about 1200lbs of weight to ship, best find a local distributor and become a dealer....it likely isn't hard. it only takes money.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:

Good morning,

In most cases, the Solid Flex tires can be “flipped” … we would need to know the Model of the Case skid steer to be certain; however, I’ve been advised that running tracks on our Solid Flex tires would nullify the warranty on these tires.

Regards,

This was signed by the director of marketing. I left his name off but there it is.

Anyone else just a little surprised? A runflat tire that is not compatible with steel tracks? Seems a little crazy to me.
I doubt they would know......A fair question is....what kind of warranty do you need on a solid tire? short of de-laminating from the rim, I don't see how warranty would matter....it certainly won't after your first retread which is about a quarter of the cost of purchasing new again.....like I said before, buying this rim means you are buying into an aftermarket system of retreading and reuse...that's where the bucks will be saved....

PS, I ran them today on broken concrete asphalt and rebar.....couple small scratches to show for it, they worked amazingly well....the ride was better than expected....and they make my machine look pimp'n
Old 05-04-2009, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDigger View Post
I doubt they would know......A fair question is....what kind of warranty do you need on a solid tire? short of de-laminating from the rim, I don't see how warranty would matter....it certainly won't after your first retread which is about a quarter of the cost of purchasing new again.....like I said before, buying this rim means you are buying into an aftermarket system of retreading and reuse...that's where the bucks will be saved....

PS, I ran them today on broken concrete asphalt and rebar.....couple small scratches to show for it, they worked amazingly well....the ride was better than expected....and they make my machine look pimp'n
Yet, no pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 05-05-2009, 01:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Shoot sorry man, I had it on site today....I will try to remember tomorrow....It was a good day though....digging out a trench for a great beam form.....*ahhhh good times. Machine worked beautifully.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:54 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDigger View Post
Shoot sorry man, I had it on site today....I will try to remember tomorrow....It was a good day though....digging out a trench for a great beam form.....*ahhhh good times. Machine worked beautifully.
It'd be working even more beautiful if we had pics of it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here's a PDF detailing GPX's calculations for cost per hour. Even if you keep replacing the Brawlers instead of retreading, you can save quite a bit of money if you work in abrasive or puncture-prone areas. Also a PDF with testimonials from people in various industries.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeereMan85 View Post
Here's a PDF detailing GPX's calculations for cost per hour. Even if you keep replacing the Brawlers instead of retreading, you can save quite a bit of money if you work in abrasive or puncture-prone areas. Also a PDF with testimonials from people in various industries.
Deereman, do you have anyone running OTT with these tires? I am trying to get past them not warrantying the tires with tracks, everyone else does that I have talked to. Do the tracks tear up the tires somehow?

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:

Good morning,

Regards,

Just got off the phone with our regional sales rep for Galaxy. He says that running tracks will not void the warranty of your tires, but may void the warranty of your skid steer. The reason is that most skid manufacturers have not yet tested their machines with the weight of both the tires and the tracks to determine whether it causes undue wear on the drivetrain. However, he did tell me that a warranty rep from Deere told him that as long as the tracks are not on the machine when it goes in for warranty work, they do not investigate to see if the machine has been used with tracks. So your warranty may be voided, but you can get around that by taking the tracks off your machine before it goes in for warranty work.