Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-02-2009, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillboy View Post
If you are looking for cheaper flat proof tires, I noticed a lot of them on ebay including skid steer solutions, radmeister, and few other. The McLaren flat proof tires, however, are on the top of my high quality list as they have a proven record with us. They are also cheaper in the long run since you can save big by getting rimless tires and mount them on your original McLaren rims, or just re-tread the worn-out McLarens. We run Bullman and McLaren Nu-Air DT and AT tires, and the Nu-Air AT is the only tire we had so far that can reach 3,500 work hours. The DT lasts about 3,000 hrs, and the Bullman about 2,000 hrs. The McLaren also have a very smooth and soft ride, very similar to the pneumatics but not so bouncy. Don't be mislead by the look -- like your truck tires, the look is not all that makes the tire last long, it's mostly the rubber compound and the internal tire structure. I think the McLarens have got it right. But at the end, it really depends on what kind of work you'll do and how long you want your tires to last.

It really came down to price, By the time SSS factored in shipping it was the same number as the Nu Airs. I found another company that sold what I think is the SSS tire but the guy was dicken me around on the price and shipping so I beat up McLaren to get the number I could like with.

Thats how I ended up with Mclaren

The ride really is that good. Amazing really. I will say that they tear the heck out of grass. The tread is like 2" deep and when you spin on grass its just like a rototiller.

I may order the wider Nu Airs to put on the 465 and keep the 12X16.5 for using tracks and on the 440 when the VTS is not on it.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post

The ride really is that good. Amazing really. I will say that they tear the heck out of grass. The tread is like 2" deep and when you spin on grass its just like a rototiller.
Rototiller.....Yes, that was the metaphor I should have used. Very accurate. I am a 3 point turn man for sure now.

Yeah the ride quality is really quite good. It's surprising...I think the best part is the lack of the beach ball effect I have talked about before.....so much more solid, and you can't add weight any lower on your machine than with these tires, they make the machine so stable with a full bucket in the air.

Glad to hear you are liking them.....it's the peace of mind that I love the most. Simply nothing to worry about now.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
It really came down to price, By the time SSS factored in shipping it was the same number as the Nu Airs. I found another company that sold what I think is the SSS tire but the guy was dicken me around on the price and shipping so I beat up McLaren to get the number I could like with.

Thats how I ended up with Mclaren
Well, between Mclaren and SSS I have a difference of $800.00 and that's including shipping and all.

That's a lot of difference for me. The quote I got is for the Nu Airs AT, dont know if the Nu Airs DT are cheaper.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyan707 View Post
Well, between Mclaren and SSS I have a difference of $800.00 and that's including shipping and all.

That's a lot of difference for me. The quote I got is for the Nu Airs AT, dont know if the Nu Airs DT are cheaper.
Mine is the AT I believe (typical skid steer tread). I would not be afraid of the SSS tire. I corresponded back and for with the guy, I think its probably as good as anything else out there. I looked at it it like this, if replace a set every 700 hours and if these tires can get me to 2100 hours. I made all my money back and I never had to visit the tire shop. From what I have read, I think any of the better tires will do that. SSS has a lot of rubber like the McLaren and the Galaxy tire, these all three will ride better and last longer than the type that only have a little bit of rubber on a 20 inch wheel.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyan707 View Post

Tyan, the DT are cheaper than the AT. AT is the most expensive tire they have. In hard times like what we have now, you should definitely ask for a deal! I know I would If they want your business, they better help you some by dropping few dollars. We always ask for discount these days and we usually get it!