Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-07-2009, 05:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please_Be_Green View Post
I'd say out of your selection go with with 36 Ninja 15HP KAI

Definitely 36 over 32... Personally KAI over B&S..

.... and I already wish I had spent the extra money on the 44" dually during the crazy winter sale they had...

From one home owner to another, you will not be disappointed by this machine.
How much less were the prices during the Winter sale compared to the "2004 rollback" they have in effect now?

I've been contemplating one of their machines for awhile now. I'm actually thinking about the Dually (I have hills) and have always been unsure if the single hydro would be OK for me or not. Most guys on here seem to think the single hydro would be OK but would require some "technique" to make it.

I'm trying to decide myself -
Old 05-07-2009, 05:42 PM
LawnSite Member

I think I heard it was 25% off normal price plus free terminal shipping.

The 36" Ninja I'm thinking about looks to be 20% off list now, with free home delivery, but have to pay the $150 terminal shipping. Don't know if the list price has gone up for 2009. But I'm thinking this price is pretty good in season, to get it to my door, no tax for PA.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Yup, but get the Samurai, you can mow a couple neighbors for a few extra bucks to pay for the added investment.
-Benny
Old 05-08-2009, 03:09 PM
LawnSite Member

I just got off the phone with Mike at BOP and placed my order for a 36" Ninja!

He said they're pretty busy and are about a week out. So hopefully it can ship late next week. Good to hear sales are good for them, but I can't wait to put my 21" away!

Thanks guys for helping with the decision. Never heard of BOP before until researching on this site. Originally was looking at WB's at Sears and Home Depot. I expect this to be a much better investment. It better be or my wife is going to kill me.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please_Be_Green View Post
I'd say out of your selection go with with 36 Ninja 15HP KAI ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MesaLawn View Post
I just got off the phone with Mike at BOP and placed my order for a 36" Ninja ! ...
You won't regret your decision ... congratulations !!
2010 LESCO 48" Stand-On
2008 LESCO 36" Hydro WB
2008 Quick 36" Samurai Dually WB
Old 05-11-2009, 01:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Quick 32" or 36"????

I am in the same boat....not a commercial guy but tired of taking 2-3 hours to mow yard. Can't decide b/w the 32" or 36". My backyard is a hill but would mow it up/down parallel to hill. Concern is that the single hydro 36" would be more difficult to handle than the 32"? Plus the 36" is 7" shorter so would it pop up as I climb the hill?

I used my neighbors 33" Cub Cadet....10.5hp is not enough and wheels are to narrow - would rut the yard over time. Plus it only goes to 3.5" high.

Can any of you single-hydro owners comment about how the 36" or 32" handles. I realize its going to take some muscle vs. the Dual-hydro...but how much?
Old 05-12-2009, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerndog57 View Post
I am in the same boat....not a commercial guy but tired of taking 2-3 hours to mow yard. Can't decide b/w the 32" or 36". My backyard is a hill but would mow it up/down parallel to hill. Concern is that the single hydro 36" would be more difficult to handle than the 32"? Plus the 36" is 7" shorter so would it pop up as I climb the hill?

I used my neighbors 33" Cub Cadet....10.5hp is not enough and wheels are to narrow - would rut the yard over time. Plus it only goes to 3.5" high.

Can any of you single-hydro owners comment about how the 36" or 32" handles. I realize its going to take some muscle vs. the Dual-hydro...but how much?
Hopefully LifeTree will comment since he owns both models!
Old 05-12-2009, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Member

My 36" Ninja hasn't shipped yet (but credit card charged immediately, no biggie). I have a small area with a 45deg slope. I was told by BOP I should be able to mow up/down on it. Going side/side would require a dually.

Yeah, the 32" does have a longer wheel base, so it might be less likely to pop wheelies going up a steel hill? Depends on the center of gravity. I'll report back on my 36" once I have a chance to use it.

I was also told the 36" just might be able to squeeze into my 36" basement door if I'm able to angle it just right. But this isn't a big issue either way for me.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesaLawn View Post
My 36" Ninja hasn't shipped yet (but credit card charged immediately, no biggie). I have a small area with a 45deg slope. I was told by BOP I should be able to mow up/down on it. Going side/side would require a dually.

Yeah, the 32" does have a longer wheel base, so it might be less likely to pop wheelies going up a steel hill? Depends on the center of gravity. I'll report back on my 36" once I have a chance to use it.

I was also told the 36" just might be able to squeeze into my 36" basement door if I'm able to angle it just right. But this isn't a big issue either way for me.
I don't think you would want to mow a 45-degree slope going from side to side anyway, since there would be a chance of it flipping over on you. That had happened with a 22" Bobcat I had before my Samurai, and my slopes are about 10 degrees less than yours. Regarding the 36"-door issue, I don't think so. Even if you removed the grass deflector, which is pretty easy...........just two bolts, the deck is still about 39" wide.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 44 single and have had a 36 single both sam's. I think if you don't have gates to contend with that the 36 is a no brainer. I really don't think there will be that much difference in turning a 36 over a 32 there really is not that much weight difference to contend with. There is a little difference in turning a 44 over a 36 but not much, I think its more mental looking out over a 44's deck than looking over a 36's deck. They are all great machines which ever one you choose and you can't beat the customer service. I would'nt hesitate on buying another one. I have had a Turf tracer with the tri-vantage
deck and a Wright Stander to compare the quicks to and as far as I'm concerned the cut quality is VERY close across all 3 mowers, you would be hard pressed to tell the difference side by side. If I ever get out of the biz and had a smaller yard I could never go back to a 21 I would have a quick for sure. Wait until you see the look on you neighbors faces when you pull the quick out the first couple times, especially after you fire it up and engage the blades a few times!!! Talk about mower envy!

Tags
bop , briggs , kawasaki , quick , quickie