Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-07-2009, 08:42 AM
LawnSite Member

I am located in Cincinnati Ohio and we love the z plugger . We also have 2 for sale ! If interested call 1 513 697 9090 . One is all stainless! One of a kind all in great shape !
Old 12-07-2009, 10:12 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by br549oicu8 View Post
I saw those in Louisville but they are still a lot of work compared to the ride ons. I have a Classen split drive that you can steer and the guys grab the Plugr instead.
The Lawn Solutions machine looks really good, but the price will run most people off.
Im not sure if i agree with you on the pricing of lawn solutions aerators? I purchased their walk behind unit 8 months ago. It was substancially more expensive than the,turfco,pluggr,ryans, etc. No regrets at all!
Old 12-07-2009, 10:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn king View Post
Im not sure if i agree with you on the pricing of lawn solutions aerators? I purchased their walk behind unit 8 months ago. It was substancially more expensive than the,turfco,pluggr,ryans, etc. No regrets at all!
WHat was the cost of yours? Seems like I was told around $9000 at the show, maybe a bit less.

If you don't like my opinion...go around back for another view.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:09 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I purchased the WB, it was $3500.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Actually, I was referring to the stand on unit.

If you don't like my opinion...go around back for another view.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The ride on is around $6500.00 if I remember correctly. I also bought the WB...no regrets

Jack
Old 12-07-2009, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I bought a Lawn Solutions Ride on Aerator this Fall. I have a z-plugger, used it one season, but the LS was a "HAD TO HAVE" aerator. The best ever. LS started out saying that the stand-up would be $6500. Then they had to make some expensive adjustments (upgrades) to their origional design. I boiught it at $8000., but was told that it would cost more next year.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:22 PM
LawnSite Member

I ended up buying the Z-Plug and love it. As far as doing 10,000 sq ft in 15 min, that is debatable. Perhaps if it were very wide open. The Z is quick though.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:50 PM
LawnSite Member

stand on aerator or tractor?

Hey guys,

I'd appreciate some opinions comparing buying a stand-on aerator vs. investing in a tractor, and over time, various implements, including a towable aerator. What are the advantages in buying a stand-on when that money could go towards a tractor that will also permit rototilling, harley rake, loader, pull behind aerator, etc? I know there will be some limitations such as gates, slopes, heavier trailer need, etc. We do have walk behind aerators for small properties and trimming. Just trying to get as much versatility for the money as possible. Ditto for a towable compost spreader on a tractor versus a self propelled walk behind. Thanks in advance for your input.

Mike T.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:22 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
Hey guys,

I'd appreciate some opinions comparing buying a stand-on aerator vs. investing in a tractor, and over time, various implements, including a towable aerator. What are the advantages in buying a stand-on when that money could go towards a tractor that will also permit rototilling, harley rake, loader, pull behind aerator, etc? I know there will be some limitations such as gates, slopes, heavier trailer need, etc. We do have walk behind aerators for small properties and trimming. Just trying to get as much versatility for the money as possible. Ditto for a towable compost spreader on a tractor versus a self propelled walk behind. Thanks in advance for your input.

Mike T.
Stand-on Aerator - we recommend LCOs with 150 or more aerations a year. 1 person could easily do 300-400 based on normal lot size 1/4 - 1 acre with a stand on aerator.

Tractor - more versitile, for general site work, but no way is it as productive as a good stand-on aerator on 4,000 - 40,000 sqft lots. Transporting become an issue as well. A stand-on is much easier to trasport and can go in the back of a pickup or small trailer and be unloaded or loaded very quickly.

If you have a tractor, you would probably stay with a 3-pt hitch setup with a walk-behind for smaller areas unless you are doing 300+ aerations a year on residential property then you would want to go with a smaller and quicker ride-on machine compaired to a tractor. The productivity would pay for the ride-on pretty quickly.

To make the decision you need to look at productivity, size of the area and terrain, maneuvability desired, etc... The tractor will be quicker on large (2+ acres) open areas (sports fields), but on residential / commercial properties a ride-on machine will be much faster and do a much better job.

The decision needs to be made on your application / business needs.