Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-15-2009, 12:58 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites View Post
I never did understand why I should be the one to eat the % commission, when I am sure the customer won't.
I don't pay a different price at a store whether I pay cash or credit, none of the employees hand over the fee either, at least not directly.
Credit cards are crazy... but the reason we built our solution is because we believe more and more customers will demand it. For example, I never carry cash anymore and I haven't written a check in years. When I go to the store I always use my credit or debit card... and even though the stores eat the fees, you know they just mark up their prices to cover it. As a customer though, I don't even think twice about that. I have pulled up to a gas station before that doesn't accept credit card (very rare) and gotten right back in my car to go to one that does.

I believe the same thing will happen in the service industry. More and more contractors will begin using solutions like ours because it simplifies their customer's paperwork and allows them to pay with credit card. However, in the end, the contractor will simply mark up his prices and the customer will pay the fees.