Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-15-2009, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Optional Anti-Scalp for Turbo Force

In the brochure for the Z-Master G3, it mentions 2 optional anti-scalp rollers for the 60" and 72" decks. Where are these installed on the deck and do they help especially with scalping when doing a right turn?
Old 05-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Sponsor

Tblaney,

Toro TURBOFORCE 60” and 72” decks have one anti-scalp roller on the front left and right corners and two center rollers. The optional rollers can be added to the rear left and right corner.

Without actually seeing your jobsites, the terrain you’re navigating and the soil/turf conditions being mowed it’s difficult to predict whether the additional rollers will eliminate scalping, but if you’re having difficulty there’s a good chance adding a roller to the right corner might help.

- The Toro Company
Old 06-20-2009, 03:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toro Company View Post
Tblaney,

Toro TURBOFORCE 60” and 72” decks have one anti-scalp roller on the front left and right corners and two center rollers. The optional rollers can be added to the rear left and right corner.

Without actually seeing your jobsites, the terrain you’re navigating and the soil/turf conditions being mowed it’s difficult to predict whether the additional rollers will eliminate scalping, but if you’re having difficulty there’s a good chance adding a roller to the right corner might help.

- The Toro Company
Based on this info, I had my dealer order the rear anti-scalp rollers for the Turboforce deck on my new G3 and installed the left one since the holes were already there, but there are no mounting holes on the right rear and there is no way that the 108-4141 right rear anti-scalp roller for the 400 series can be retrofitted around the vertical tubular thingy that is in the way. I checked the Turboforce deck on my former ZMaster 589 and the right rear anti-scalp roller mounting straddled the tubular thingy and was welded. IF there really is a retrofitted right rear anti-scalp roller for the G3 deck -- what is its model number or how does a person go about installing the 108-4141 if that is the right one?

Thanks,

MikeSp
Old 07-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Sponsor

Optional Anti-Scalp

MikeSP -
We are very sorry for passing along incorrect information. After further investigation we stand corrected, the new Z Master G3 60” decks will not accept an anti-scalp roller on the rear right/discharge side (but you already know that). There is virtually no deck overhang beyond the drive tire, which provides more than adequate flotation for that corner of the deck. Unfortunately we referred to the printed literature which we now know contains a spec error. We regret this error and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please let us know what you paid for the anti-scalp roller kit you purchased to put on the deck and we’ll reimburse you for the expense.

Thank you,
The Toro Company
Old 07-01-2009, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toro Company View Post
MikeSP -
We are very sorry for passing along incorrect information. After further investigation we stand corrected, the new Z Master G3 60” decks will not accept an anti-scalp roller on the rear right/discharge side (but you already know that). There is virtually no deck overhang beyond the drive tire, which provides more than adequate flotation for that corner of the deck. Unfortunately we referred to the printed literature which we now know contains a spec error. We regret this error and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please let us know what you paid for the anti-scalp roller kit you purchased to put on the deck and we’ll reimburse you for the expense.

Thank you,
The Toro Company
Thanks for the correction -- I was able to return the right rear incorrect one to my local dealer for a full refund, so no problem!!

MikeSp
Old 05-02-2010, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Can you check to see if you can add additional anti-scalp rollers for the
G3 52" deck?

Thanks,
CincyWolf
Old 05-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Sponsor

CincyWolf -

An optional anti-scalp roller & bracket can be mounted to the rear of the deck on the trim side (operator left). The kit # is 108-4140.

-The Toro Company
Old 06-16-2010, 01:35 AM
LawnSite Member

TC,

I just purchased a Toro Titan ZX5450, model #74832. I read in the manual that the anti-scalp rollers should be adjusted when the deck height is changed. I cut at 3.5". At what position should the rollers be set for a 3.5" cut? The rollers are in the top hole.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:15 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDTRD View Post
TC,

I just purchased a Toro Titan ZX5450, model #74832. I read in the manual that the anti-scalp rollers should be adjusted when the deck height is changed. I cut at 3.5". At what position should the rollers be set for a 3.5" cut? The rollers are in the top hole.
MDTRD-

The lowest hole is for the 3.0" to 4.5" height of cut settings.

-The Toro Company
Old 06-21-2010, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks TC.