Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-16-2009, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Door to Door marketing expert needed!

Started a sealing business late last year, never had a business before and never done anytype of sales.

I want to hire a couple of students to help me with the door to door sales but before I hire them I would like to give them some material to work with because I do not think it is fair to send them out with nothing!
Old 05-17-2009, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Any suggestions, opinions, or help would be appreciated!
Old 05-17-2009, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just pass out flyers on mail boxes. The one drive ways that you see that need it done i would ring the door bell and ask the home owner. If they do not answer DO NOT put the flyer on the door, becuase it will sit there forever.

I have the best luck passing out flyers on maiol boxes.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityGuy View Post
Just pass out flyers on mail boxes. The one drive ways that you see that need it done i would ring the door bell and ask the home owner. If they do not answer DO NOT put the flyer on the door, becuase it will sit there forever.

Except for the fact that its illegal to put those on mail boxes...Terrible advice.

Always a lesson, never a failure.

www.meangreenlawncare.com
Old 05-17-2009, 11:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNSLighting View Post
Except for the fact that its illegal to put those on mail boxes...Terrible advice.
What would you suggest?
Old 05-18-2009, 12:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityGuy View Post

I am looking for advise with door to door sales. So what happens after the door rings?

Walk ups are great but does not happen much.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:59 AM
LawnSite Member

I find a sales person that goes door to door and a helper helping you thats also a decent sales person going door to door when you dont have a driveway to do works pretty good. You stop somewhere with potential give em both some flyers and some before and after pictures and let them loose, ive had some very good days doing this but it all depends on how good they can sell. Im not good at going door to door and im not a natural when it comes to sales so this way worked good for me.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratfordSealing View Post
I find a sales person that goes door to door and a helper helping you thats also a decent sales person going door to door when you dont have a driveway to do works pretty good. You stop somewhere with potential give em both some flyers and some before and after pictures and let them loose, ive had some very good days doing this but it all depends on how good they can sell. Im not good at going door to door and im not a natural when it comes to sales so this way worked good for me.
That makes two of us, I wish I was a natural born sales person. I never had to sell in my life before.

So do you quote low and try to get alot of volume in the area or do you find it better to price it higher so you can pay for your sales guy?

I am tring to make up a sales script for my guys, any suggestions? Feel free to private message me.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Check your town's laws. most of the time you cant knock on doors, and or ring the door bell. Just go pass out flyers. but dont disturbe anyone
Old 05-18-2009, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohiaa View Post
Check your town's laws. most of the time you cant knock on doors, and or ring the door bell. Just go pass out flyers. but dont disturbe anyone
Door to door sales are fine up here

Infact alot of large companies do it, like Sears. The big phone companies do it, gas companies, and electric companies as well!

Door to door sales are part of the economy, it is a way to get new customers because not everybody can be reached by flyers.

No Soliciting signs in this area will stop the door to door sales, 99.9% of sales people respect those signs.