Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-17-2009, 04:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Spray Rig "Finally Done"

Finally done. For some reason all the other picture I took the file sizes are to big to up load, sorry. Time to start spraying.
Attached Images

Old 05-17-2009, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

nice! two tanks..smart. what kind of pump? cant see it. do you have a bottom drain?
Old 05-17-2009, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Centrifugal pump. If I need to drain it I can hook a hose up and flush either side of lines off the three way valve. It was more time consuming than $$$$. I saved over a thousand dollars and got a extra tank out of it doing it myself, compared to some other options. I am cooking dinner right now, I will chime back in a few. Thanks gdro.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Member

If anyone is interested in diy and needs any help, and you like this one I will send dimensions and everything I purchased in a pm if you would like.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

FOL,
All I can say is SWEEEEEEET
It looks EXHD (extra heavy duty), nice it is palletized to go on and off ......whatever easily

You know what they say, if you want it done right do it yourself
Old 05-17-2009, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

FOL, did you do the steel fabrication work too? if so great job! if not what you put together is pretty darn good.

do you own a scope? would love to hear how the biology holds up especially the protozoa through a centrifugal pump after it's been recirculated for a while, never have seen or heard of testing before on that type of pump on a spray rig, my first guess is it would work fine,
maybe better then a diaphragm? you don't need a strainer for that pump do you? depending on your nozzle?

can you give details about the pump? size, gpm? pm me if you want?

only thing i would suggest is a bottom drain. makes life easier after a long day
Old 05-17-2009, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Member

http://www.rittenhouse.ca/asp/Product.asp?PG=1098

Tanks were purchased from Etanks.com. As for fabrication, I did have a good friend help out. I designed and welded some, but my friend did a good majority of the welding, "he's a little better at the welding part, than I". I drilled holes, painted and put together.

I will be purchasing a scope and camera here real soon and hope to provide some detailed video, that TG is going to help me with. We will be testing different sprayer set ups and what the outcomes are, after spraying hopefully we can provide some decent data for everyone.

As for pressure it will never go above 80, I am still messing around with the spray gun. I might go with a different option. As for strainer the kit came with one and the holes on it are fairly big "I am going to try it with it on and off" see which works better.

Thanks guys, it has been hard, school, family, "stupid pizza delivery guy that smashed into me, at least he was cool and told the cop it was his fault" but she's finally done and it feels great. I thank everyone for there suggestions and help. Plus its finally raining I am
Old 05-17-2009, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Yeah for rain where you are, hopefully it turns brown and dusty to green quick.

If you are not going to go above 80 PSI check out for the future, www.chemilizer.com you could hook this into the manifold of the sprayer and stick a tube into a 5 gallon bucket of your just brewed tea and never have to clean your tanks again. They have different ratios 100:1, 50:1, etc. that you can order or you could use it to inject fish or kelp or whatever even tea
Old 05-17-2009, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

That looks really good. Very pro.

"No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle
Old 05-18-2009, 07:47 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Did you consider an electric motor?