Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-18-2009, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Member

400 fliers with estimates on them

So I'm going to put out 400 fliers. Each flier has information about my services and also has a quick estimate of what I'd ideally charge for the lawn. I'll keep you guys updated on how many calls and accounts I pick up if any.

Also I'm curious to know what type of success others have had passing out fliers. Provide how many you put out and how many customers you've aquired.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I did that my first year in biz. It was nice, because if somebody called your phone, they were signing on.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Member

How many customers did you pick up?
Old 05-18-2009, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Ive never really done that before, but I did the same thing today. I received a call from a homeowner in a newer neighborhood that I was not familiar with...I gave her the estimate and she jumped on it. As I was doing the property I realized the neighborhood had no trees, I mean zero trees....and all of the lawns were basically identical...I thought it would be ideal to have as many in this neighborhood as possible, with no leaves or major clean-ups......so I did the same thing you did, only I wrote down all of the addresses and sent them an letter with an estimate via mail....Ill let you know how that goes.....

ET
Old 05-18-2009, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Thats awesome keep me updated
Old 05-18-2009, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I saw some of those this year.

BEWARE: I had a guy put one of those flyers on one of my customers mail box that said 30$. But all he saw was the small hilly front yard and assumed that there wasnt much of a back yard. I cut the ladys yard for 50$. The lady being a total idiot dropped me and went with them. I was doing an a+ 100% job and she had no reason to fire me. I know shes going to call me back because her yard doesnt look as good when i cut it and its not always cut every week??? wonder why. Im goign to tell her 60$ if she does call me back. The yard was on a complete hill side and had a small 30x30 ft area you had to push mow. The guys that cut it now use 48'' exmark metros and i bet there busting their balls with the belts drive on her yard.

All i have to say is take a good look and dont assume where the property line is at. Always make it seem much bigger than it is when just standing at the curb.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks , thats good advice,
Old 05-18-2009, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Member

I completely agree with your statement, but I can see every bit of every lawn....almost one of those cookie cutter neighborhoods....Hence the reason I have never done this before after 18 years in the biz, but this seemed like a good opportunity, anyway, no hills on the coast of SC.........Thanks, ET
Old 05-18-2009, 07:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Don't pass out fliers with the price on them. You are selling on price only by doing that. Theres always someone who will work cheaper than you. You need to sell the customer on how you are the most professional, knowledgeable, and dependable company for their needs.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Member

True, basically I'm trying to get my name out in the neighborhood and put in some roots, I'm also providing information about what I can provide, years experience and equipment.