Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-24-2009, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Member

Columbia Mowers

Has anyone heard of or have opinions on Columbia Riders, ZTR's. Can not find any information on the web about these. It will be used for residential lawn under 2 acres.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Never heard of them and couldn't find any info about them. Why not just buy a brand name piece of equipment that has been proven to last?
Old 05-25-2009, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's a web site

http://www.musserslawnandgarden.com/...literature.pdf

But I agree with the comment made by Virginia LawnCare. Why take a chance when there are many other well-known and excellent ZTRs to pick from?
Old 05-28-2009, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

They are made by MTD.
If you want a machine that will last, this is NOT that machine.

The difference between a Technician and a Mechanic - A Technician uses a book, the Mechanic uses his brain.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Columbia Riders, ZTR

The columbia zero turn and lawn tractors are really the late White Outdoor. Columbia bought White Outdoor == the only change is the orange and black color formerly gray and red. Unfortunately, Columbia dropped the 54" zt and only sells the 50" zt. I own one 54" zero turn and one 54" tractor, both are awesome. I mow a 4 acre lawn weekly and drive these mowers hard and long with no maintenance other than blade sharpening and oil changes. I need all 54" to mow my lawn on a weekly and timely basis. Sometimes I even get some help from son who didn't like mowing until one day when he jumped on my big 54" that drives like a cadillac. Now he mows more often.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:47 PM
LawnSite Member

The columbia zero turn and lawn tractors are really the late White Outdoor. Columbia bought White Outdoor == the only change is the orange and black color formerly gray and red. Unfortunately, Columbia dropped the 54" zt and only sells the 50" zt. I own one 54" zero turn and one 54" tractor, both are awesome. I mow a 4 acre lawn weekly and drive these mowers hard and long with no maintenance other than blade sharpening and oil changes. I need all 54" to mow my lawn on a weekly and timely basis. Sometimes I even get some help from son who didn't like mowing until one day when he jumped on my big 54" that drives like a cadillac. Now he mows more often.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaLawnCare View Post
Never heard of them and couldn't find any info about them. Why not just buy a brand name piece of equipment that has been proven to last?
i just bought a columbia 20 hp . the price was great and warrenty is great to