Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-16-2009, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Jacked in Ga.

I live in Powder Springs, Ga. and was not at home yesterday but my trailer was parked next to my house and was taken while I was away. Equipment is listed below:

Exmark Turf Tracer HP 48"
model # TT4817KA
serial # 231147

Redmax Bloower
model # EB7001
serial # 60186565

Stihl trimmer
model # FS80R
serial # 266994849

Stihl Edger
model # FC75
serial # 265283994

John Deere Lawn Tractor
model # L1742
serial # GX1742G026781

8 1/2 X 12 open trailer.

I got out of business early last year but kept the equipment for my home and for cutting the lawn at my church. I estimate the loss in excess of $10,000 because of tools and other items on the trailer. Just thought I would give this post a try and I will be looking out for those still in the business. Cobb Police said they had 4 or 5 other thefts yesterday as well.

Stay safe and keep track of your serial #'s because it might be the one thing that gets the equipment back or at least takes one stealing crew down.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Member

So sorry to hear that,there is bad people out there,and that's the kind i don't like,i'm still looking for 2 redmax 8000s that got stolen from my trailer ;keep an eye on craigs list or pawn shops.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Yeah, I found one on Craigs List that posted on April 19 with no picture or contact info it just read "48 in. Exmark need to sale by April 21st, will deliver anywhere in Atl. area." Only thing is he never would reply to messages sent to him.

I will keep looking. Thanks for the reply. I am actually out of the business but still had the equipment. I do keep an eye out for the guys still in the business because I know that some people are just waiting for the chance to take their equipment. I may go back to work with the police department because there is a lot of satisfaction in locking these maggots up and saving others the trouble of loosing so much.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Just heard good news. One in custody and another on the way. Found blower and trimmer and possibly trailer. Cobb P.D. is on the job.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Member

that's good news hope you find all your tools.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmd585ps View Post
I live in Powder Springs, Ga. and was not at home yesterday but my trailer was parked next to my house and was taken while I was away. Equipment is listed below:

Exmark Turf Tracer HP 48"
model # TT4817KA
serial # 231147

Redmax Bloower
model # EB7001
serial # 60186565

Stihl trimmer
model # FS80R
serial # 266994849

Stihl Edger
model # FC75
serial # 265283994

John Deere Lawn Tractor
model # L1742
serial # GX1742G026781

8 1/2 X 12 open trailer.

I got out of business early last year but kept the equipment for my home and for cutting the lawn at my church. I estimate the loss in excess of $10,000 because of tools and other items on the trailer. Just thought I would give this post a try and I will be looking out for those still in the business. Cobb Police said they had 4 or 5 other thefts yesterday as well.

Stay safe and keep track of your serial #'s because it might be the one thing that gets the equipment back or at least takes one stealing crew down.
jmd, i'm also in PS (brownsville rd) and i had no idea it was like that. i'm sorry to hear about your luck and i hope it works out in the end. by chance do you live in the same area?
Old 06-08-2009, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Member

To Grass2Cash and JMD585ps:

I too live in Powder Springs so if you're ever over loaded with work please pass them along to me.

JMD585ps, sure glad to hear you got your stuff back. I was burglarized a few years ago. They started with my out building and got all sorts of tools, etc. I have since installed a security system with 4 cameras. I also put up a Trailcam which deer hunters use (you might be a redneck if you've ever used a Trailcam as part of a home security system).

One thing I'm suspicious of in our area are the garbage men. I've been using A & H garbage for years and I would bet the second mortgage that one of their employees had something to do with my break in. Their service does not require you to take your garbage can to the street like some of the other services in this area. This gives them a perfect opportunity to 'case the joint'.

Also, I have a worthless stepson that has been in and out of jail all his life. He worked for A&H for a while because I think it was the only work he could find with his arrest record. One evening he showed up at the house with a friend. My wife recognized the friend as having worked at A&H too. She cussed my stepson out because of fear he was bringing someone over that was capable of casing our house and then coming back to steal from us. She was very angry with him for that which suggest to me she new some history of these associations. That was prior to my break in so I wasn't too interested at the time. My wife passed away years ago so I can't find out what the story was now.

I only have suspicions so I guess I shouldn't bad mouth A&H. But I did want to mention this incident to see if you might think I'm on the right track