Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-25-2009, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Member

opinions on my new expansion

hey guys, i,m new in here but have been in lawn maint for a while now. have been getting bored with just mowing and light landscape so have decided to expand a little into reseeding and topdressing. any advice out there as far as vendors, equipment, processes etc would be appreciated as no one in my area is offering either of these svcs.

been looking to purchase

older finn skidsteer mini (like the toro dingo) to unload the trailer into the topdresser so i dont spend all day with a shovel

5k dump trailer

earth and turf 100sp topdresser

lawn revitalizer reseeder

also, dont want to use any of the budget seeds available as i would like to offer my clients the best possible results and have been checkingout seedland.com anyone got any opinions of them?

i live in north florida and would primarily be putting down white sand with some compost as well as mostly centipede and bermuda grass

thanks in advance for any help and good luck to all
Old 12-11-2009, 02:58 PM
LawnSite Member

i have used a dingo to load my topdresser. it is very slow cause it takes multi loads to fill it. then lots of clean up. it takes almost a much time to clean up as it takes to topdress. get a conveyor truck ie ag fert/lime spreader from Chandler Eq for loading. Loads in seconds.