Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-01-2009, 12:01 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Ford F-350 or F-250 that better

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNSLighting View Post
Ford 3500/2500?? When they start making those??
Old 06-03-2009, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Decision made, I'm going to get a Tacoma SR5 Access cab. I'll pick up an m813 or an m35 to do the heavy lifting.

Drug war veteran

From the halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli
Old 06-03-2009, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyube View Post
Decision made, I'm going to get a Tacoma SR5 Access cab. I'll pick up an m813 or an m35 to do the heavy lifting.
Nice little truck, hold thier value pretty well. Terrible fuel mileage.

What year? If 1995 - 2000 check it closely for frame rust. Same thing with 2001 - 2004 (until current model) but the earlier units have a recall on them. If a V6-4wd it's not going to get much over 18 mpg.
200? Husquvarnia straight shaft trim
Old 06-03-2009, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Eh i thought you were gonna get a real truck...

Always a lesson, never a failure.

www.meangreenlawncare.com
Old 06-03-2009, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

cummin is a good motor its jsut in the wrong truck! iam a ford guy. dodges are ugly every year same with interior!!
Toro
STHIL
Shindawia
Western Salt Spreader
Billy Goat
Tomahawk

Minnesota certified pesticide applicator
NOT MY PRESIDENT!
Old 06-03-2009, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

The Toyota was on the list, but it surely will not be the "do all" truck he LUBEMAN was needing. While a fine conversation piece a surplus Military Vehicle will not be a efficient commercial vehicle, no air conditioning, and most Customers might think the SHTF when he pulled up to cut their grass.

To those not liking the Dodge Truck, but the engine. What good is a Ford Truck without a Cummins, something to ponder. Best answer drive a Dodge in the end it's the Engine & tranny that does the Work. The Cummins still puts a grin on my face daily, Powerstroke just never could do that Dodge interior fit & finish is great nothing special, but again the Cummins makes up for any shortfall the Dodge may have in my eyes. My biggest complaint is Dodge paint is very easy to scratch, vs a Ford, a good waxing & buffing each season takes care of the daily wear & tear surface scratch's from working a Dodge. Small issue's to me for such a good overall truck for towing.

Quote:

Last edited by nosparkplugs; 06-03-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
My thoughts exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Lawn Care View Post
cummin is a good motor its jsut in the wrong truck! iam a ford guy. dodges are ugly every year same with interior!!
Really?, and a truck that looks like someone just stuck 4 wheels on a box and called it a day is better? At least Dodge has curves and overall depth to there design, the Ford design is about as interesting as watching snow melt.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH401 View Post
Really?, and a truck that looks like someone just stuck 4 wheels on a box and called it a day is better? At least Dodge has curves and overall depth to there design, the Ford design is about as interesting as watching snow melt.
Design has very little to do with a truck's worth to me. However it's interesting to me that as much as Ford hasn't actually changed the Super-Duty since 1999, it's amazing how much more chrome they have plated over various parts of it en-Mass! Also - what is the use of plastering Super Duty over the newest versions no less than five places??!! Insecure perhaps that people aren't going to know what it is driving at them?
200? Husquvarnia straight shaft trim
Old 06-04-2009, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTR_Diesel View Post
Design has very little to do with a truck's worth to me.
I never said it did to me either. Personally I think Chevy has the most comfortable seats and probably the smoothest ride. But I'm not looking for a fancy asphalt queen. I have both my Dodges because of the engines and the fact that they both ride like bricks or the fact that the almost 20 year old model has more comfortable seats in it than the 3 year old model, are completely irrelevant issues. A trucks a truck, if I wanted a fancy interior, a super plush ride, and other nice amenities than I would've bought a Cadillac.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosparkplugs View Post
The Toyota was on the list, but it surely will not be the "do all" truck he LUBEMAN was needing. While a fine conversation piece a surplus Military Vehicle will not be a efficient commercial vehicle, no air conditioning, and most Customers might think the SHTF when he pulled up to cut their grass.

To those not liking the Dodge Truck, but the engine. What good is a Ford Truck without a Cummins, something to ponder. Best answer drive a Dodge in the end it's the Engine & tranny that does the Work. The Cummins still puts a grin on my face daily, Powerstroke just never could do that Dodge interior fit & finish is great nothing special, but again the Cummins makes up for any shortfall the Dodge may have in my eyes. My biggest complaint is Dodge paint is very easy to scratch, vs a Ford, a good waxing & buffing each season takes care of the daily wear & tear surface scratch's from working a Dodge. Small issue's to me for such a good overall truck for towing.

I would kill for a Ford truck with a cummins 5.9 and an allison auto. That would be the best truck ever made, period, hands down.

I'm not going to use the m800 to pull lawn stuff. Nor the Toyota, except in a pinch. When/if I do start working for myself 100%-after the military-I'll buy an f150 and slap a body on the back and run W/b and 21 push mowers out of it.

Quote:
I am, I"m just not buying a domestic 3/4 ton or 1/2 ton.

Drug war veteran

From the halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli