Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-11-2009, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Some Tech nerd at Hypertech or Edge or any programmer company, is already working on the Hack if it has not already been done. All these newer diesels require is a DPF delete, everything I have read, and those sources have Dyno & real world numbers says the 6.7 Cummins is the best modern diesel to modify, and responds well to a programmer & DPF delete, that nets you the best MPG for a new diesel. Ford & GM do better left alone or stock

I am still hung up on the 5.9L Cummins for the money the Dodge trucks with these engines generate far more hp/torque for less money.

I am always looking for another 5.9L Cummins, and would be willing to invest some money into a used 2500/3500 to avoid a new emission strangled diesel.

At some point folks will realize it is better to keep these older Generation diesel's be it Ford, GM or Dodge when the EPA finally drops the hammer on these aftermarket companies. I will be hell rumor has it the EPA is going to ask for Customer lists it will be mandatory so I would advise all you diesel nuts to get your exhausts & programmers done now vs later. ATS diesel has already sent a letter to the EPA complaining, boycott ATS Why? because ATS is trying to corner the performance DPF filters buy selling out to the EPA

The EPA will have to hunt my trucks down to slap a DPF filter on them. Hopefully were going to be grandfathered in.

the Best solution just plant some nukes along the California fault line, and our problems will be solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub Cadet YANMAR. View Post
I just read last night that the ECMs in the 6.7cummins after march are locked so now you cant chip those trucks till someone makes a code to get around it thats got a few people on cummins fourms pissed, but come on how much power do you need 350hp 650lbs of torque Id just want an intake a DPF back exhaust for my truck. I think the locking of the ECM is due to the government control!

Last edited by nosparkplugs; 06-11-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Why would you want to take a chance of voiding the warranty putting a tuner on a emmission engine truck.

The 6.7 isn't going to produce anymore power without some serious problems. The current stock power is already pushing the engines limits.

As for the ECM its all Dodge. Here in B.C. Cummins won't touch Dodge trucks with Cummins power they said Dodge uses a different computer program etc they want nothing to do with the engines.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosparkplugs View Post
Some Tech nerd at Hypertech or Edge or any programmer company, is already working on the Hack if it has not already been done. All these newer diesels require is a DPF delete, everything I have read, and those sources have Dyno & real world numbers says the 6.7 Cummins is the best modern diesel to modify, and responds well to a programmer & DPF delete, that nets you the best MPG for a new diesel. Ford & GM do better left alone or stock

I am still hung up on the 5.9L Cummins for the money the Dodge trucks with these engines generate far more hp/torque for less money.

I am always looking for another 5.9L Cummins, and would be willing to invest some money into a used 2500/3500 to avoid a new emission strangled diesel.

At some point folks will realize it is better to keep these older Generation diesel's be it Ford, GM or Dodge when the EPA finally drops the hammer on these aftermarket companies. I will be hell rumor has it the EPA is going to ask for Customer lists it will be mandatory so I would advise all you diesel nuts to get your exhausts & programmers done now vs later. ATS diesel has already sent a letter to the EPA complaining, boycott ATS Why? because ATS is trying to corner the performance DPF filters buy selling out to the EPA

The EPA will have to hunt my trucks down to slap a DPF filter on them. Hopefully were going to be grandfathered in.

the Best solution just plant some nukes along the California fault line, and our problems will be solved
ya pretty much, Old ones are nice but some reason i like new! I know a couple people that have done deletes two on a 6.7 one on the new LMM duramax. They say its the best thing they have ever done an the dealer for the guy with the gm said they wont void warranty but if something goes wrong with the truck emission related it will cost to fix anything esle its under warranty. His trucks pretty nice he use to be a mechanic at the dealer so he got a nice discount, an he has his own garage so all his extra money goes to his truck!

Gravel you must hate the cummins motors period! you need to check out cumminsforum theres guys on there with 600+hp an 1200+lbs of torque with dnyo sheets to prove it.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Nope I don't hate Cummins I do think its funny how much people are brainwashed about the 5.9 and 6.7. Play with real engines not frigging toys.

Sorry you want power get a N-14 Cummins or a ISX that puts out a real 600hp and over 1800 ftlbs of torque.

I don't need to spend 10s of thousands to boost my ego. I guess its a hobby to some but man I have better things to spend money on. You wonder why your country is so deep in debt.

It also makes me laugh on how much big rig wannabe people are here. Think you have a truck with a Cummins you think your a big rig.

Get your CDL and drive a truck.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Frankly, I thought we were grown up folks here - I thought this sort of bashing of people and thier possensions was left behind in High School. Oh well, guess "the metal they drive really DOES make the Man."
200? Husquvarnia straight shaft trim
Old 06-12-2009, 12:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Rat View Post
Nope I don't hate Cummins I do think its funny how much people are brainwashed about the 5.9 and 6.7. Play with real engines not frigging toys.

Sorry you want power get a N-14 Cummins or a ISX that puts out a real 600hp and over 1800 ftlbs of torque.

I don't need to spend 10s of thousands to boost my ego. I guess its a hobby to some but man I have better things to spend money on. You wonder why your country is so deep in debt.

It also makes me laugh on how much big rig wannabe people are here. Think you have a truck with a Cummins you think your a big rig.

So what do you spend your money on that is so much better than someone spending money on their truck? Please enlighten me. Who cares what people spend their money on, it's THEIR money leave it be. Go play with your V-10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTR_Diesel View Post
Frankly, I thought we were grown up folks here - I thought this sort of bashing of people and thier possensions was left behind in High School. Oh well, guess "the metal they drive really DOES make the Man."

Old 06-12-2009, 06:45 AM
LawnSite Member

all I can say is not everyone needs a CDL or a big rig for that matter, I for one dont think the pickups are big rigs, I know the power of rigs my cuz owns a few dumpers one with a 600hp ISX an eaton fuller 18speed, all raped up in a peterbilt pretty nice setup for a tri axle he loves his trucks drives them to wal mart when he needs to go, more power to him I cant hardly find a parting spot for a pickup let alone tri axle. lol I do agree though gravel semis are were real diesel powers at.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:

Please tell me which pickup manufacture offers one of those engines in their truck. Also, tell me, which of those trucks offers 20+ MPG highway, or 15 mpg city towing a trailer? Also, which of those trucks runs 0-60 in 4.7 seconds like mine does? Im greatful I don't have a big rig. For my needs, waste of fuel, too slow, oh, and ugly.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiepstra View Post
Please tell me which pickup manufacture offers one of those engines in their truck. Also, tell me, which of those trucks offers 20+ MPG highway, or 15 mpg city towing a trailer? Also, which of those trucks runs 0-60 in 4.7 seconds like mine does? Im greatful I don't have a big rig. For my needs, waste of fuel, too slow, oh, and ugly.
Ugly are you kidding most big rigs look better than some pickups.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:

[/QUOTE=Gravel Rat;3037841]The problem I'am finding with my 6.0 is the truck is powering out. I have a 6spd manual and if I get into a place with a load on the truck the truck won't pull from a stop. Say I'am backing down a driveway and I need to pull ahead put the truck in Low (first gear) you get to the friction point and try give it some throttle the engine stalls.[/QUOTE]

You should probably do that too so you stop getting stuck on hills with the 6.0