Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-28-2009, 10:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

stainless steel down light??

Anyone know a nice stainless steel down light fixture? Structural mounting (pergola). Stems or no stems, just something I can show him asap.

I made a request here for an LED, but I could always just drop a retrofit LED bulb in there.

Tanks!
Old 05-28-2009, 10:13 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

see my post in the other thread Mike....we can make any light we have resemble stainless steel.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Mike. There is the best and then there is the rest.

The Hunza DL-ss. It accepts an LED MR16 just fine. I would order it with the accessory glare louver kit too HCL-ss.

http://www.hunza.co.nz/productsConte...llDownLite.php

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA
Old 05-29-2009, 08:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

James, this is rated 35 watt max, will this be a heat sink issue for the retro LED bulbs?
Old 05-29-2009, 08:30 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Not if you use the right LED Lamps Mike. The Kumho's (which are very very hard to get just now) and my new proprietary INTEGRAled MR16 Lamp work just fine in the Hunza fixture.

Also, unlike many bullet fixtures, the lamps in the Hunza DL series make a direct connection to the fixture body.

Wait till you see my new LED MR16 lamp. It's performance is fantastic! It operates at even lower internal temperatures than the Kumho product, with an exact colour temp. match to that of a halogen MR16. Is available in 3 beam spreads; 15, 30, 45 Degrees, with an L70 of 40,000 hours.

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA
Old 05-29-2009, 01:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I sent the estimate today with two versions, the probe on a sphere base with nickel plate and the Hunza Stainless Steel.

Instead of a mess of option packages, I just gave one package price and included a brief bullet list on the bottom under the heading "substitutions," subtract xxx for all halogens, subtract xxx for original brass finish, add xxx for Hunza, etc. Then I attached one file folder with all the cut sheets/brochures.

Thanks for the tips/suggestions everyone.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

you got it Mike! Good Luck!
Old 06-01-2009, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
I sent the estimate today with two versions, the probe on a sphere base with nickel plate and the Hunza Stainless Steel.

Instead of a mess of option packages, I just gave one package price and included a brief bullet list on the bottom under the heading "substitutions," subtract xxx for all halogens, subtract xxx for original brass finish, add xxx for Hunza, etc. Then I attached one file folder with all the cut sheets/brochures.

Thanks for the tips/suggestions everyone.
Too many choices leads a consumer to a dead end with no hope of a decision. Decide for him! (Doctor/Patient relationship) Avoid the confusion of giving him/her choices about something he/she knows nothing about. My .02 cents that's worth $1000.00
, GA Lic#LVG105244
www.JohnsonLightingInc.com
Old 06-02-2009, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks, Chris!

I agree.

In fact, I just had someone ask me to give him a bunch of options. Crazy story if you have fifteen seconds.

I was delivering an old crib for 60 bucks (craigslist). I felt bad charging for it, but what the heck. Turns out they have a big beautiful home on a pricey stretch of deep water, complete with all kinds of mature landscaping, cool little outdoor living areas, dock, you get the picture. The guy sees my lighting logo on my truck and the next thing you know I'm walking the property.

Everything is proudly second hand or antique decor, and really cool. He asked me to draw up some plans with different options, etc. He says he really likes options. I figure that's to strip me down to size.

So I get home and I'm looking at all these brass and bronze fixtures from my demo/sample kit, and some transformers I've acquired. I put 1 and 1 together, thought about it for a little while, and came up with 2.

I am heading to Alaska for a couple years, taking my tools with me, but not the demo kit. I need to clear out my garage. This guy is getting one option for his back yard. The Mike M. special. I hope to get it, because this will be a blast to illuminate, make great pics for my portfolio, etc. He'll be billed for my time and used equipment accordingly.