Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 05-15-2009, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Fusion Blades online

Does anybody have a link for online sales of fusion blades for a 52" 2006 fastrack Pt # 795526? Local dealer cost seems high. PJ, what is msrp for this blade set (3)?
Old 05-18-2009, 11:35 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdcab View Post
Does anybody have a link for online sales of fusion blades for a 52" 2006 fastrack Pt # 795526? Local dealer cost seems high. PJ, what is msrp for this blade set (3)?
I dont have parts pricing to post online, sorry.
You can compare to some other dealers in the area.

Pj
Old 05-18-2009, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Do they manufactor the Fusion blades for Hustler???? Say there spec sheet and saw every other make not Hustler. Where can we pick these up at and do you have pricing on them????

Licensed and Insured
USMC Owned and Operated

Quality service from the Ground Up!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer just talked me into a set of fusions, I have been useing gators for a couple of years. The fusions cut good with less dust I think, but my dealer wants $50 for a set of three for my 52 mini z. I havn't had much luck finding fusions on line. Does anybody know a good source?
Old 05-19-2009, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The Fusions are made by Oregon for us.
I am not familiar enough with internet blade sources to know where else you can get them other than your Hustler dealer.

Pj
Old 05-19-2009, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Fusion blades

Thanks for the replies. I have looked on Oregon's website and a few others, but all I see are stock blades. My dealers price is $60 for a set for my 52". That seems a little steep to me. Anybody chime in if they know another source, even another dealer with a better deal.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Fusion blade source

I own a 60" Z and have not had good luck finding Hustler blades other than at the dealer. I think I pay $18.00 each plust tax. I just bit the bullet and bought a couple of sets and keep one set sharp and ready to go and the other on the mower. I just cut some really thick two foot tall bahalia grass around some trees in a two acre patch in prep to get in there with my tractor and bushhog and cut the open areas. I jacked the mower up to change the blades and I just let it back down as they did not need changing. They were still in excellent shape. Well worth what I paid for them.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Buy blades here.

http://www.expressmowerparts.com/

The best price!

Mike Nelson
Nelson Lawns
24Honda/52" SMZ
Old 05-21-2009, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

They may be the best price, but I dont see Fusions on their site.....
Old 05-22-2009, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Ah, the quest to save a buck.

I've tried the 7 to 10 dollar blades on the mower and they don't last as long (the edge dulls quicker and the lifts wear away). They are easier to sharpen because they are softer but they dull so much faster.

So during the mowing season I use the $18 blades and are very happy. But for spring/fall clean ups I use the cheap ones and just save them for the next clean up season (if they lasted).

So short term you will save a couple bucks but will spend more in labor (sharpening and changing them and buying new ones (because they last about 2/3 of the life of the good ones).