Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-03-2009, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Wright 52" Deck Fit

Firstly, I think Accelerator products are tops - I've got a shop full of 'em.

So, when I purchased my Wright Sentar, I naturally opted for your catcher, no Grass Gobbler for me, thank you very much. However, upon using it today, there's something horribly amiss.

Now, I didn't mount the bracket, the boy's down at Sumner Lawn 'n' Saw did, and it seems an acceptable job. The problem, is that there's a small but significant gap between where the catcher mounts and the discharge chute. And after mowing a lawn today that required bagging (now, I don't get much of a chance to mow, so instead of it being a nice distraction. . . ), I was covered in dust escaping from that small but significant gap - it was almost unbearable.

Either Sumner botched the job, and I don't think that they did (though they might have, I'll look more closely tomorrow), or Accelerators and Wrights are an ill fit, if there ever was.

Or, possibly others have brought up this problem and there's a fix?

'That government is best which governs least'; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically. Carried out, it finally amounts to this, which also I believe — 'That government is best which governs not at all.' ~ Henry David Thoreau
Old 07-03-2009, 06:23 PM
Sponsor

jameson,
Did you get this taken care of? I must have missed seeing this thread. Sorry about the lack of response.
Give me a call monday if you still need help with this.

Peter Andonian, Lawnsite Sponsor
Accelerator Industries
http://www.AcceleratorIndustries.com
800-984-9410
Old 07-03-2009, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
jameson,
Did you get this taken care of?
Well, not exactly. . .

As it stands now, there's a half-azzed field fix, involving cardboard overlapping the discharge chute (covering the gap between chute and catcher) held in place by irrigation flags from the catcher. But it does keep the operator mostly free from an onslaught of debris.

I examined the job the boys down at Sumner Lawn & Saw did with the mounting bracket, and I can't see any problems from that angle - at all.

So, it sounds like I'll be calling on Monday, and I'll try and snap a pic to show you exactly what I'm looking at. . .

Happy Fourth!

(And, I'm sure it will be, as long as you're not crossing the I-90 floating bridge!)

'That government is best which governs least'; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically. Carried out, it finally amounts to this, which also I believe — 'That government is best which governs not at all.' ~ Henry David Thoreau
Old 07-09-2009, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Get a grass gobler or rackem catcher. Drops right into the bracket that is built into the wright deck. No extra holes, no brackets no BS.