Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-04-2009, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Deere needs to use this site for advertising. This is like the 4th thread on this topic LOL. Its a good thing to talk about though so i'm not complaining. Bleed (Deere) Green!
Old 06-04-2009, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieWonka1850 View Post
Wouldn't the 60/40 on the Deere decrease Tipping Load and Lift Capacity?
You'll notice that Deeres generally have a higher machine weight -- so in an extreme example, if machine A weighs 1000 pounds and machine B weighs 2000 pounds, then even if machine B has 60/40 weight distribution, 1200 pounds is on the rear vs. just 700 for machine A (assuming 70/30 for machine A).

This isn't always the case -- Deere's design also allows for a lower center of gravity. This helps stability (lifting and machine) as well.

Finally, Deere has a lift path that keeps the load really close to the machine. Try unloading a flatbed with a Deere and compare that to any other brand and you'll see this first-hand.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

so you're saying the Deere is better in the category of unloading off a flatbed?
Old 06-04-2009, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

there was a brochure for a new skid at my deere dealer yesterday

"Democracy is not a choice between good and bad, but between bad and worse."
Old 06-04-2009, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

325 lifting a 4,500 lb pallet of flagstone on the end of the forks
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2009, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieWonka1850 View Post
Does John Deere have some New Skid steers coming out or they already out or what? Their D Series machine and I have a picture of new CTL.
I've heard nothing about this
Where did you get the picture Wille

Ya its been around a time or two already but I am not complaining either.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...4&postcount=63

This one will answer a few of your question Willie

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...&postcount=144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Green View Post
so you're saying the Deere is better in the category of unloading off a flatbed?
Not better or worse. I'm saying when unloading off a flatbed, Deere machines will need to lift off the tips of the forks rather than securely on the forks.

Deeres make their maximum reach at maximum height; everywhere else, the load is especially close to the machine.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverwalklandscaping View Post
there was a brochure for a new skid at my deere dealer yesterday
Deere hasn't even officially announced the new series to dealers yet. The site we use to order literature still only has the 300 series available. Deere does not want the public to know too much about the new series yet because everyone has existing inventory to deplete. If your dealer really did get his hands on a new brochure somehow (which I doubt, as engineers are still working on the finishing touches of the design), he could get reprimanded by Deere for handing it out to customers already.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerotor77W View Post
Not better or worse. I'm saying when unloading off a flatbed, Deere machines will need to lift off the tips of the forks rather than securely on the forks.

Deeres make their maximum reach at maximum height; everywhere else, the load is especially close to the machine.
Depends on the height of the trailer--the difference is negligible with a deckover, but you will definitely notice it on a low trailer where there isn't enough clearance for the tires to get under the edge of the deck. The lift pattern allows the 60/40 distribution--they don't need as much rear weight to counteract the weight off the front for the lower 2/3 of the lift pattern. The rear weight package is for folks who need to lift higher because without them a Deere will feel tippier than others way up in the air because that's where it has maximum reach. As far as which is better, it's really about what fits your needs. If you need adaptability, the easy on/off of those dorky looking weights can come in very handy.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
Deere's is the same undercarriage as Komatsu and Cat, dual flange front idler and triple flange rollers (center of the rollers does not touch the inner track) and single flange rear idler.
Deere might claim their's has the smoothest ride in the CTL category, but that's only to their 60/40 weight distribution versus Cat's 70/30.

Deere is comparing apples to apples on the Cat versus Komatsu versus Deere battle on undercarriages.
Same as Komatsu but not Cat - from what I understand Cat's is MFG in China.

As far as the suspension thingy Cat is using, I can see problems with the design from a performance stand point. Sure the suspension gives the operator a cushy comfy ride but excavating with it trying to maintain a cut, doubtful. Controlling grade with this thing has to be a PITA - bucket starts to dig, machine starts to squat, operator compensates with boom bucket controls, machine rises up - so the operator while trying to cut grade ends up fighting the track up and down movement.

How many crawler loaders do you see out there with suspension undercarriages? None!

Tags
deere , sucks