Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-06-2009, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I've been in a few Deeres and I trip getting in and out every time, I am 6'2 and I tried getting in back wards and "falling down" and getting in forwards and spinning around while "falling" down.
Getting out was a different story, some how they expect the people with long legs to poke their legs out the threshold first while pulling themselves out and hitting their head on the cab.
I tried to pull my upper body up, then while I was hunched over (and exposing the better half of my ass to the Deere logo on the seat) get my legs out, and that's when I tripped over the threshold.
Even the New Hollands are easier for me to get in.

Screw you Deere, you still can't build a cab that everyone (or at least 95% of the rest of the "real" world skid steer owner/operators) can say is a good cab for easy entry and exit.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 06-06-2009, 11:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ron, everything is what you are used to or familiar with.

When I rented a almighty Cat I found it miserable to get into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
Ron, everything is what you are used to or familiar with.

When I rented a almighty Cat I found it miserable to get into.
The Caterpillar C series are not to bad to climb it and out of. Providing that theres a bucket or some attachment on the front. I tried getting into a Cat 272C with no bucket and I could hardly get in it! But the 246C with a Bucket was pretty easy to get in and out.

I think the easiest Skid steer to get in and out was Bobcat and I think Case.
I've checked out a few Deeres but thy were open Cabs but I found it kinda hard to get in and out. Though the cab set up isn't bad.

So far, Bobcat has been the easiest to get in and out of. But thats just me.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
Screw you Deere, you still can't build a cab that everyone (or at least 95% of the rest of the "real" world skid steer owner/operators) can say is a good cab for easy entry and exit.
Deere must have some marketing geniuses on staff to sell thousands and thousands of machines a year to guys that can't get in and out of them.

It's all what you're used to...
Old 06-06-2009, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Rain View Post
Deere must have some marketing geniuses on staff to sell thousands and thousands of machines a year to guys that can't get in and out of them.

It's all what you're used to...
I would agree with you, however first impression of a Deere skid is not a good one when getting in and out of the cab is that awkward. Wouldn't argue that once you get used to it, things wouldn't be as bad. However, I don't think it should be fouled up in the first place.

Go hard, go fast, or go home
Old 06-06-2009, 02:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scag48 View Post
I would agree with you, however first impression of a Deere skid is not a good one when getting in and out of the cab is that awkward. Wouldn't argue that once you get used to it, things wouldn't be as bad. However, I don't think it should be fouled up in the first place.
I'd say that's the case if you're used to or coming from another machine like a BC or Cat, but for the new guy in a skid, it is what it is. A guy running Deere for a long time like me finds it awkward getting in those brands with the higher step and deep foot wells and the swing door blocking part of the entrance. Point being, Deere is definitely different, and being the minority compared to the other brands that access similarly to each other, it will seem wierd to a lot of guys out there with past experience in machines. However, I have yet to see a skid that I would say is "easy" in and out aside from that goofy JCB which has it's own issues due to the design.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I won't fault that. I'm used to Cat and every other brand I've run is different, but tolerable. Deere was the only one that had me scratching my head.

Go hard, go fast, or go home
Old 06-06-2009, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Member

I am 6' and don't have any trouble getting in and out of my 325 enclosed cab. The door is great, it's up and out of the way, unlike my CAT which hangs out, waiting for one of the guys to rip it off lifting the arms (eeek!!!!). The guys fight over who gets the 325 vs. my cat 267B. It's all what your used to running, but my guys all prefer the Deere hands down.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canon Landscaping View Post
Mine leaks and it is a known defect and the dealer still wants to charge me a $200 deductible to fix it under warranty.
Water pump or timing cover? It is out of warranty. You have the extended warranty coverage. If you bring it down to us I think I can get my service rep to cover the deductable. Need to do it while it is still covered because after it is out I can do nothing. Actualy you were suppose to bring to me and never showed up if I am not mistaken. But even at $200.00 if you do not fix now it could run you $1,800.00 later if it is the timeing cover.

Last edited by JDSKIDSTEER; 06-06-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadetree Ltd View Post
Question for the Deere guys, have they fixed the water pump seals yet?
I think you are talking about the timeing cover leak. I think they have. All we have repaired have not come back.

Tags
deere , sucks